Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
haha_Yes adjust needle with eng at idle / stationary. Tell U, I would not be hanging out of the drivers side window, hauling in 3rd gear @ 3000rpm, with bonnet up trying to get a visual of the actuator lever resting against the vane limit stop screw.

Darren Dawes had a replacement spring for the early Brass Dawes boost controller. Send him an email and he may send you one for elimination purposes (explain the boost situation briefly) _ info@3BarRacing.com

Clean the Dawes you have and see how she performs after a clean. CRD can run happily at max spool, so u can shut needle right off.

I have a Tillix boost controller here and needle valve that I could loan to you to see how boost behaves.

Do you still have vac solenoid under the bonnet and plugged in to elec harness keeping ECM happy when using manual boost control?

I currently run VNT vac solenoid with the ECM, in conjunction with a Dawes (3barracing) and needle valve for boost limiting. Can try a couple of other things but give your current setup a go again first for info.
I'll stick my head in and take a look. I know we removed that solenoid from the equation, vacuum wise, but I don't know about electrically.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
Usually higher EGT's can be boiled down to two main issues. Less air than normal (air leak or turbo problems) or more fuel than normal (injector pump or injector problems).

I would start by looking at air leaks and if none can be found - a good tune up may fix or at least find the problem.
Is it possible to tune the standard setup? Standard ECU etc?

Last night I was adjusting the needle valve. At some settings I could hear something that sounded like something opening, like when a vacuum seal is broken, you hear that release of a suction seal. I assumed it was the actuator opening and closing, but I'm not 100% sure????