Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OME spring choice

Hi all,

First of all, what an awesome forum to stumble across with such a wealth of information. I've already found a tonne of info and articles regarding relays, tyres, recovery points etc. and learnt a lot just by surfing this forum, so cheers all!

I'm now looking for some advice for a GQ SWB mainly around spring choice.

I mainly use my truck as a work commute vehicle and would easily do 20,000km a year on the tarmac. I occasionally do a decent off-road trip about twice a year up NZ riverbeds and regularly up the hill to the ski fields with the kids. I've decide to bite the bullet and get a 2" lift kit installed for a bit more clearance but struggling to choose what type of spring to get. As it's also my daily, I still want it to be as comfortable as possible. I don't really carry any gear to/from work but will carry a bit when I head off-road. I've got no bars/winches.

I'm leaning towards OME as i've used ARB here in the past and some of the other 4x4 stores haven't been as helpful with upgrades so far. But i'm also open to suggestions too.

My main question is, should I be aiming for a relatively soft spring for my daily commute or something more medium for the few off road trips per year?

Cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwiswb For This Useful Post:

MB (18th October 2022)