Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5V Voltage Modifier MAF MAP TPS

G'day all,

I have been busy this year researching a replacement to the Jaycar Voltage Modifier Kit, in the form of a kit, or better yet, already made.

I have found several options that look all fancy in the $500-$600 region that can set a map based on rpm pulse input to set only 16 load sites across the rpm range.
    An overpriced package that doesn't do the job for what we need it for (MAF and MAP Sensors).

I've put together a kit, over the last few months, finding out what fits together, and what doesn't, unfortunately by trial and error and at time and cost to me, paying retail for parts, usually have to buy 2 or 10 when I only want 1! I anticipate this cost me in the order of around $250, and paying for postage on items that aren't available in store. I'm now all over tech sheets and have a good understanding of PCB's and components from 20-30 hours of research.

The kit I have put together has 256 fully programmable levels, called load sites. When tuning the unit, you set your highest voltage and lowest voltage into the circuit, and then this spread is used to calculate your load sites.

Depending on the custom configuration needed by the application, by modifying electrical components, the circuit can be tuned to spread the 256 load sites between ±5V or as low as ±0.5V. I think for our MAF Sensor, we'll be needing a resolution of around 4V, and there's a setup that's tailored for that application.

Each of the 256 load sites can be adjusted by 255 points, being -127,0,+127. These numbers alter the output at each load site, and are worked out by dividing the designed circuit voltage spread by 255. For example ±5V has a 10V voltage spread. Spread that out over 255 output adjustment points, is 10 divided by 255, which is 0.039V, or 39mV.

There's 9 different custom configurations for the circuit to allow for the finest possible resolution for the application. Suitable applications to modify 5V sensor circuits include, MAF, MAP, TPS, Accelerometer for TCS, oxygen sensors, correcting discrepancies between boost gauge and MAP ECU boost readings, and so on.

I'm trying to gauge interest in the kit, as to whether or not I just keep the 2 kits I have made, or if I put a limited run of 50 kits together to onsell if I can see there's enough interest.
    I'm also interested in assembling, commissioning and tuning the PCB so it's set up and ready to be programmed, but not programming the 255 points on the 256 load sites as this is specific to your vehicle and application.

Looking at approximately $200 for the full kit, fully supplied with all components, detailed instructions, waterproof plastic case. Just calculating putting in 3m of wire (4 wires), a 1A inline fuse, and probably a fuse jumper for ignition power that doesn't jump on cranking.

Kit assembly is around 7 hours for over 100 components, and you will need;
    - Good quality digital soldering iron for sensitive electrical components
    - Laboratory power supply for commissioning and tuning
    - Digital Multimeter
    - Good understanding of assembling components in the correct orientation
    - Hand tools and power tools
    - 3rd hand, tweezers, high quality side cutters

I will assemble for an additional $200, which includes testing components prior to installation, customising the circuit for your application, commissioning and tuning.

I'm not on here to sell, but I seen a gap in the market with no reasonable solution and want to provide people with a very cost effective solution to the problem.

I would think it's reasonable to be able to post overseas too.

I have attached a photo of my first franken-build that's ready to go into the ZD30 CRD. To be installed inside the cab. Once it's tuned, it's set and forget so it can be secured away under the dash in a fully sealed case.

Due to having to keep cost per unit low, I have to buy in bulk, so I will be putting together 50 kits. This is going to cost me thousands to do, so I won't be pulling the trigger until I get some interest in it.

PM me, or reply here if you're interested.... I do not have anything to sell at this stage, just gauging interest.

Located in Brisbane, QLD

Lionel
    Attached Images Attached Images