Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,872 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Maybe it hasn't been bled properly? Easy to check if the vac is working. Take to vacuum line off and test. Will know pretty quick if there is a change.

A larger master cylinder will allow more line pressure for less effort and the larger booster assists with the increase master volume. It's pretty easy to test brake pressure to see if your at the limits of the gq master. There are also various size masters in the GQ.

GQ brakes are shit when they are at factory tare let alone grossly overweight.
    Thanks Matt, I have a gauge on the vac reservoir, and its pulling down hard. I have not driven it myself, however the mechanic I use and trust is not that happy either. I will make some enquiries with 'The rod shop' in the morning and see what they can offer. their initial thoughts were towards the 4.8 Booster and master cylinder. my issue is the booster is not serviceable as such, and only avail s/h unless I shell out another grand for a new one , which i will do if certain it will deliver the goods. the master cylinder is a slightly larger bore on the 4.8 also. the master cylinder is a brand new factory new unit but for the 2.8 TD engine.

Appreciate the help Matt. this is the final piece of the puzzle on the build so want to do it correctly.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 24th May 2021 at 07:32 PM.