Hey guys,

Trying to diagnose what I've broken/bent on my 2005 GU4 patrol. Went 4wding the other day & was going up a section when both of the front wheels came off the ground, the front then came down reasonably hard (nothing super crazy) & after this the steering wheel was tilted on a 45 degree angle & the wheels were then toeing out quite a bit.

Got the car to alignment place to check over it, checked the drag link/tie rod with a straight edge & they were fine. With the car on the aligner there was no strange camber (hopefully meaning there's no bend in the diff casing) he noted the toe out which he corrected to a slight bit of toe in. He said the it was likely the a twisted sector shaft or a bent pitman arm, I peeled back the dust boot on the steering box this morning & I cant see any twists on the splines (see the attached photo).

Trying to work out why the car ended up with toe out after the incident, as if it was a twisted sector shaft/bent pitman arm wouldn't the toe be the exact same as before just with a off centre steering wheel?

Also I have read elsewhere that its possible the steering coupling might have slipped on the shaft splines causing the steering wheel to be misaligned, has anyone else had a similar problem to this problem?

Is there anything else I should check before pulling the steering box out to check to get it pulled apart & assessed?

Any help is much appreciated!
cheers!