Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returning member

G'day Lads and Lasses,

After a little time away from the Patrol family, I will be back into a new'ish 2001 GU II ST TB45E in the next two weeks. One of the cleanest cars, let alone a Patrol, that I have had the pleasure of driving.

I have been practicing in my 1997 Ford Explorer and it is still going to hang around for a little while longer and will probably go to my son. Thats one very capable 4X4 just quietly but its not a Patrol and needs a bit more in the towing department but stands up the the Patrols, and anything for that matter, in the bush (which was a surprise)

The GU does have a few things to fix but nothing major so I will seek your assistance in pointing me in the right direction if I get stuck. First thing to do is get the sub tank pump going as it wont transfer fuel to the main tank. I will have to have a look at that first. Probably a ground or fuse issue.

But all in all not a bad pickup. 215000 KM on the clock and has been looked after very well.

Not many mods to do. Just a winch, light bars, recovery points and a snorkel and it will be good to go.

Already planning a trip the the High Country and Uluru\Alice Springs for next year.

Cheers everyone.

Rob

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 1.28.25 pm.png
    Just about to jump into my next Patrol. A 2001 GU II TB45E .

WARNING!: Do not ever use a towball as a recovery point. They are not rated and can become a deadly projectile during a recovery if they snap off, and they have done so with tragic results in the past.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rkinsey For This Useful Post:

AB (18th July 2019)