Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
Good on you Dom mate, earning tickets (licences) can be a great valuable thing in life!
I would say the blokes at Armstong’s are advising you correctly mate. Only MR legally still under my belt from when I was a young bloke and TBH have never found the need to go over 15T in my game.
If the cost these days for HR were the same as MR then would go for it mate!
In regards ‘crash’ non-synchro box, unless your future plans or a job offer was on the cards then again Armstrong’s would be suggesting well for a synchro licence being enough I would agree.
Have only ever mucked around in an old mates Scania on backroads and reckon dozens more hours for me to pass in this day and age would be needed.
Good luck mate, keep us posted with the good news :-) !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey MB,

Thanx for the advice mate.
The only issue is that it was a girl that gave me the advice to go with synchromesh, not a bloke.
Since she was at the front desk dealing with guys who come for the tests(and gals occasionally I reckon for bus licenses)
her answers and warning should carry some good weight. But, when I asked her definitive questions like if she has any examples or stats in their system or her memory about guys failing the HR with nonsynchromesh, she couldn't answer, so I insisted(to her) I better go for non-synchro and get it over with since I won't have any restrictions and that would boost my chances of any truckie jobs(hopefully).
I have been considering going for HR 'cos of having to earn some part time cash while doing other things that doesn't generate any cash. I dunno whether there is such thing called part time truckie, but HR license is required to drive metro busses as well(Apparently, but probably non-synchro or synchro isn't necessary 'cos all of them are auto).