Greetings from Sweden!
Hello! I have an Nissan Patrol 2004 with the Y61 Diesel engine, also with the automatic 4 staged transmission. It has gone around 30 000km. Last winter my diesel pump failed and had to be totally renovated in England. Afterwards the Engine worked like a charm ,I continued to drive it as normal. During last summer I experienced some new problems. While driving on the highway and doing a overtake the car suddenly lost all of it's power. The engine didn't turn of but it was just as if it shifted to neutral, I couldn't to anything. After a couple seconds the car was back to normal and I didn't face the same problem for a while.
Now to the real problem. Last autumn the cars Idle started to fuss. It has a strange habit of going up to about 1,500 rpm and staying there. It feels just like a coldstart. When I shift into drive the idle is still high and I need to brake in order to keep low speeds. Then sometimes the idles goes back to normal.
The engine is running clean and i can't hear any misfires or such. I've had the car into a nissan dealer where they replaced one of the "neutral positions switch", this didn't help. The car is still changing between running normal to having a high idle. Furthermore i've started to experience the same problem as last summer when I lost all power for a while, this seems to happen while the idle is at it's normal stage.
Have someone faced the same problems? Please help.