Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
A locker is a good investment though to tackle difficult terrain without the need for relying on momentum and possible damage to car but it is a luxury that most don't need.

I agree, but I’m gonna get a front e-locker fitted soon, not for ‘hardcore’ rock crawling, more just as outback touring ‘insurance’. It’s all very well for folk to say take the right lines but my 4wd’ing experience is way less than my off road bike experience & I still have much to learn. Once we start travelling full time I expect regular practice to improve my judgement. Not having to rely on momentum & avoiding the potential damage it could cause just seems common sense to me given that we intend to travel alone & want the vehicle to last us for many years of touring. Having fitted a locker I will be very happy if I don’t need to use it, but I can easily imagine , for example, that having one could easily be the difference between towing the Tvan along the Munja track & enjoying ourselves versus a white knuckle ride worrying about damage.