Ok, here's the story and why i'm not happy.
I brought my Nissan Patrol wagon no more then four months ago. 2003 ST model, 285000ks, manual, zd motor. Looked in pretty good shape and had full service history. Few extras, cruise control, snorkel, tradie roof rack. I paid $13500 for it which I thought was a fair deal. Since then iv spent more then $6000 just trying to keep it on the road.

First thing was the alternator, belt and tentioner.$1200, repaired at Nissan in Adelaide.
Second was the MAF sensor, $200 from Nissan in Darwin.
Third was the head gasket. I had the head refaced, new pistons, rings and bearings, new gasket, bolts ect and glow plugs. I also had a catch can installed. I had it repaired at a mechanic in Melbourne, $4500.
Plus I have had it serviced twice at roughly $300 each time. All this and iv travelled roughly 15000K's and only four months.
Now I have only had it back less then two weeks since the head has been repaired and it now has more issues.
I started loosing coolant, heater stopped working, catch can was full of a yellow paste and the same paste was found under the oil cap. I took it back to the mechanic and he said it's possibly the EGR valve. If its the head gasket again it will repaired under warranty. Can somebody please explain to me what the EGR is and how much I will be up for if I have to have it fixed or repaired.

Its pretty clear that I have purchased a lemon of a car, I'd like to sell it but i'll loose too much money on it now.
I have always had Fords as personal cars (AU, BA and BF), and have had very little issues with any of them.
While working in the NT the past few years in conditions most will not understand unless they have been there I have used Hilux's and Landcruisers as work cars, doing serious off road driving and very long highway driving and once again never had an issue.
So as you can imagine my impression of Nissan has not been very good.
Here are a couple of photos of the catch can and oil cap.
[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]A.JPGB.JPGC.JPG