Hi all,
First post here, long time reader/patrol4x4 member.
My names Cam I'm 28, live in Longford Vic, owned 4xGQ's and on my first GU (had the patrol bug for many years now). Just bought a 2012 GU8 50th anniversary and already started with the mods.
I've already posted this thread on patrol4x4 however I thought it could be helpful to post here for anyone that may be able to contribute.
Ok so I've started fitting audio controls to my steering wheel, I ordered the switch through Nissan which is now installed on my steering wheel and I'm now in the process of getting it wired up.
After removing my arirbag to investigate what wiring I have already installed and what I don't, I've sort of come to a holt in finding information. I don't have anything to compare to, that has had audio controls installed from factory and Nissan spare parts have only been able to provide limited information.
The wiring loom Coming from my clock spring/ contact reel has more wires than are needed to run cruise buttons, horn and airbag.
The information I need to find out is,

1 Is the clock spring/ contractor reel different between the models with steering controls and the models that don't? Or is it only a patch lead between steering wheel control switch and clock spring/ contractor reel that needs to be sourced?

2 A wiring diagram showing where the extra wires in the clock spring/contractor reel run and what they are for.

Any info would be much appreciated,
Cam