OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Download FREE 1:250,000 Topographic Maps (PDF)

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Download FREE 1:250,000 Topographic Maps (PDF)

One of the members of The Western Patrol Club posted this, may be of interest to some here:

Download FREE 1:250,000 Topographic Maps (PDF)

Geoscience Australia have changed how you download their 1:250,000 topo maps free as a PDF. Their old system was difficult to use and the new system is worse. But if you shortcut it by going directly to Map Connect it's not to bad. Follow the steps listed below.

Go to the MapConnect website of Geoscience Australia:

http://www.ga.gov.au/topographic-map...apconnect.html

Under ‘Select a Theme’ choose:

geoMAP - Create and download a PDF map

Under ‘Terms and Conditions’ choose:

I agree

Then

Enter MapConnect

Now the fun starts.

The screen will show an interactive map of Australia with various control buttons above and to the side. On the map there are two buttons for settings. Set these to ‘Turn Landsat Off’ and ‘Turn On Full 250K Schema’.

Zoom in using the + button (first on left above map) until you can see the names of the map sheets.

By clicking on the ‘hand’ (third button from left above map) you will be able to move the map around.

Once you have found the map you want, go to the Order area to the right of the map. Click on the Ms button (Step 1). Then select GeoPDF (Georeferenced PDF Map). Then go back to the map and click on the Map Sheet you want. It should show up in Step 3. Go to Step 4 and click on ‘Add to Order’.

Count the number of Map Sheets as you select them – you can only select five. Then select ‘Show Order’. A table of the Map Sheets you have selected will appear (eventually). Click on ‘Ready’ for each Map Sheet to start the download. They should automatically be saved to you Downloads folder.

Most of the maps are about 3.5-4Mb.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

93patrol (3rd March 2014), AB (3rd March 2014), BigRAWesty (3rd March 2014), FNQGU (3rd March 2014), growler2058 (3rd March 2014), my third 256 (4th March 2014), threedogs (4th March 2014)