User Tag List

Thread: Living On The Road

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a career since 17, have a house, children and travelled a little with work.
    My brother is a chef, has no career as such, house or children but has travelled all over the globe.
    I once said to him, 'it would be nice to be in your shoes some times'.
    He said exactly the same to me, and we realised quite obviously the grass is greener.....
    The grass is always greener on the other side, but that's because it's watered.
    No matter what you do, have a 'basic' plan A, B and a safety net if it all goes belly up. DO the research before you leave to see if you can line up anything on the road between this place and that. You might be surprised. Have a cut-off plan ($, date, kids school / care)
    Ensure the kids and wife are happy. I'd be looking at a bigger style van, so you have those little comforts like toilet, running water and warm shower (even a hanging bag of sorts)
    Have a home base (parents) for all your bills etc
    Post pics on the forum
    Oh yeah, and remember to water the lawn so it stays green in front of your travels.
    06 GU IV Nissan Patrol wagon 3.0L, Tough Dog 2" lift, Xrox bar, 12k Mako winch, 33" muddies, 3" exhaust, Awning, UHF, drawers & fridge, custom sliders, DVDs, custom water tank and pump, rack etc etc.
    Now just in - GQ Shorty 4.2 petrol, UHF - but looking at turbo or V8 conversion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieney For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (14th April 2013), Cuppa (24th March 2013)