OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: RLI's step by step wiring and gauges install!

Threaded View

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up RLI's step by step wiring and gauges install!

G'day Trendsetters,

The following is how i wired up my auto-meter, glow-shift and sine-tec gauges!

Oil pressure sender!

First remove the original oil pressure sender unit which is located next to the oil filter closest to the radiator. So you don not have buy a genuine $50.00 Nissan socket. I modified and cut down an old 1 inch AF ring spanner. I cut the length to 125mm. Using a round file, file back all the inside teeth so they are all rounded. A cheap supercheap spanner would probably cost you about $2.00 and fifteen minutes filing.

I then purchased a brass block fitting from my local Pirtek store. (when purchasing the block, take both the Nissan and after market oil pressure sender units to the store, so they can match the threads accordingly) Now that i have my brass fitting, firstly, i fit the Nissan oil pressure sender unit to the top of the brass block (don't forget to use thread ntape)

Secondly, Now fit the brass block fitting with the Nissan oil pressure sender unit to the engine block using a 6inch shifter (don't oven tighten) Then fit the aftermarket sender unit at the end of the brass block fitting facing towards the drivers side guard.

Remove factory plug from thermostat housing and Fit water temp sensor fitting here. Remember to use thread tape! If your fitting will not fit, go to your local Pirtec store with thermostat housing and your sensor, so you can fit a reducer two way fitting.

Boost fitting!

Run copper line through fire/wall into dash area. Tap into boost line on manifold from inlet side of turbo.

Run all wiring and lines ie, Boost, Dual battery monitor, EGT, Oil pressure and Water temp through this spot in the fire/wall. I like to use flexible conduit to help protect my wiring.

More to follow over!
    Last edited by PMC; 2nd January 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PMC For This Useful Post:

MC97GQ (29th December 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (1st January 2013), patolman72 (20th December 2015)