Threaded View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homemade Rear Drawers

Hey guys, heres a set of drawers I knocked up on break, they cost me around $200 to make and took about 6 hours over 3 days. I had my brother make the bent steel angle lengths to protect them from damage during loading and unloading and he also made the handles out of ally rod. The wood is marine ply covered in marine carpet that is glued and nailed on in some sections. I think I will add some tie down points to the top at some stage and im still deciding what to do with the side sections where the wheel arch is.

I forgot to get a before shot but the top is just resting there at the moment

drawers made, just installed the slides and making sure theyre nice and smooth.

Top installed

Carpeting begins

Front of Drawers

Inside

All together

Installing the steel angle, i dont like the corner on this and I may end up getting another piece of steel that is long enough to bend at the corners like how i have done to the drawers.

On the top of drawers as well

All finished for the moment

Installed in the back

Now that I have made them i think they may have been too tall, I didnt actually draw anything up I just measured the floor area and built up from that and made them to line up with the rear plastic pockets.

Just in case youre wondering there is around 250 screws in there.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jodaniels For This Useful Post:

AB (16th December 2012), angelo_f (12th November 2013), cgm (7th January 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (15th December 2012)