Regarding warming up the motor. (Thought it best to start a new thread rather than hijack this one)

I generally drive off as soon as the motor is started, but it''s all downhill from my place, a twisty dirt road, normally driven in 3rd, with little or no throttle, with rev counter showing between 1500 & 2000rpm. So the motor is not under much load, & takes around 8 or 9 Kms to come up to normal operating temperature on the Nissan gauge. At the 9km mark I hit a short uphill section just as the TDi42 is warmed up.

I do have extra coolant in the system by virtue of extending it to heat my on board hot water service, but have the ability to shut this off if needed. I do this in winter to get a slightly quicker warm up. (So I can use the cabin heater ASAP).

I know there are different ideas on how best to warm up a cold motor ..... But does my method sound reasonable, or do you think it would be better to run the motor for a few minutes before taking off still. I want this motor to last a long time.

Cuppa