Thread: G'day

Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ozfrog i'm in the same boat mines a auto was using 27 ltr/100 i put gas injection on (not mixer box style) and uses around 29ltr/ 100 on that which halved the fuel bill with no loss in power at all ,but is still disgusting . I noticed when doing the tappets firstly the cam has zero overlap which must be a pollution thing and the primary and secondary pipes are small and short not to mention the main system is only 2" .
    I build race engines for a living and my first step is to do a exhaust ,pull out the engine put in a cam and port the head and was looking at a Haltech interceptor at lest with the haltech or not stuck with one person to tune it like most chips. But when i do all these mods i will do it to favour a turbo so if it still has not enough power it will take a turbo with intercooler
    They are a 4.5ltr and done right naturally aspirated should make enough to tow up hills and use alot less fuel then they do
    But if you have to pay someone to do all the engine work i would just go straight to a turbo with intercooler ,exhaust and haltech they really respond well to turbos
    The Haltec interceptor is a piggy back style ECU so all the factory settings a kept and you just alter what you need so cold starts high altituded are kept
    Any question just ask
    Steve
    Brisbane

2. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.jjjj For This Useful Post:

Bob (3rd January 2011)