Thread: Rear LED Light fitted

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear LED Light fitted

Just complete a little DYI project to my GU Patrol, fitted a rear "LED light (5x3w) 1050 lumen output" for reversing in the dark or while out camping. It is a very bright light, probably too bright. More then happy with it.
    It was pretty easy to mount & wire up, once i worked out exactly how i wanted.

I mounted it off the spare wheel carrier bracket.
    Used a piece of 3/4" box steel tubing, measured the height, cut the steel, drilled holes to mount to the spare wheel carrier bracket, painted it etc.
    Mounted the LED light to the top the tubing, fed the wire down inside the tubing. Also put rubber plugs either end of tubing with holes drilled into them with small water tight gromits for the wire to run threw.
    Drilled a small hole in the back door, with small gromit for wire to feed threw, then fed the wire threw the car to a switch in the dash. Then a wire from the switch directly to the battery with a 30amp fuse in between.

At the end of completing the little DYI, i was pretty happy with the end result on how neat & tidy it all looked.
    It did take up all of Saturday morning running around to purchase all the different bits & pieces i needed from different shops. Then on Sunday it took about another 4hrs from start to finish to install

Now Divorced I can do what i like when i like. How good is life now
    02 GU111 Patrol 3.0TD Man, Chipped, Redback 2.5" Exhaust, Safari Snorkel, OME 2'' Lift, ARB W/Bar, Tigerz11 12000Lb Winch & R/Rack, IPF Lights, Cooper S/T Maxx 33's, Dual battery system, Uniden UHF, ARB fridge/freezer on ARB Slider, & heaps more

2. The Following User Says Thank You to knakkers For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (9th June 2013)