Quote Originally Posted by Bulbous View Post
  1. There IS a recall on the Alloy wheels because they can work loose and fall off
  2. There IS not a problem with the wheels so warranty denied

Maybe it's just me but I see a major contradiction with those 2 items. If there's no issue then why the recall. If there is a recall then the warranty should cover.

Personally, I would be going back to Nissan and stating that I see the recall as an admission that there is an issue with the alloy wheels and that therefore the warranty should cover the damage caused by the wheel falling off.
Don't get angry with them just be firm and stress that there appears to be a LEGAL contradiction where they admit and deny a problem at the same time. Stress the LEGAL part and make it clear that if they don't cover then you will investigate the Full LEGAL position and publish the result.

What have you got to lose?
Is there a recall? There are many different classifications in this area: recall, rework, customer satisfaction campaigns... If there is a campaign-which wheels??? It won't be every alloy wheel. they may have just revised the torque spec.
I'd like to see some hard evidence on this topic so i can be confident about my wheels.