Found this form a while ago but am just getting around to the introduction. I am from Abbotsford, BC. I got my first Safari (Y60), a 1991 5 spd 7 pas, from an importer in July of 2006. A few years later, a friend and a importer noticed a collection of JDMs abandoned on the docks. Turns out that Customs Canada was getting ready to crush them as the exporter was not going to pay for them to be shipped back to Japan. He contacted the exporter and snapped them up for a song. He offered me the one Safari in the lot because he knew I was searching for a parts vehicle. The price was $3000 if I bought as is or $5000 if he gave me a chance to check it out. I gambled and picked up my second, a 1992 5 pas auto Safari for $3000. I could see a dent on the LF guard and a broken rear pas window. Later I found a broke regulator, dead batteries, and rotten rubber. So, SWMBO now drives the auto and has no intent of letting me use it as a parts vehicle. With a verified 84,000 kms on the clock it was a lucky find. Guess I will have to keep my eye out for another one. Looking forward to when the Y61s are 15 years old so I can buy one of those too.

Cheers, John