Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gq swb springs and shocks in lwb

Hey guys,

This may seem like a nube question but I'm fairly new to 4wding and looking at getting a 2 or 3" suspension lift for my lwb GQ I've been looking at some second hand sets but they all i can seem to find are swb ones will these be able to fit? my truck I'm building has got a hilux body and a ls1 in it so it should be lighter than standard if the lwb normally has more heavy duty springs?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They will go straight in mate, the SWB springs may be a little lighter?? maybe not too? but they will go straight in bud.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Jordan.mathisen (29th March 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool cheers for the info, one more question, do you know at what hight you need to start getting caster correction bushes etc would i need them on a 3" lift?

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 97 lwb and had an 89 lwb commercial for parts wich had thicker springs standard by about 2-3mm it lifted mine up a little and drove better less body roll even without the front swaybar connected.
    So i think their is a variety of different standard springs about.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2" is normally the max but i would imagine you could get away with a 3. It depends what you wanna do but i would just go a 2" and if your looking to go a little more extrem go to a well setup 4"

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 2" body atm so was thinking 3" should be enough, with a 4" do you have to start getting adjustable pan hard rods etc? my gearbox has been raised up about 3" by the previous owner when he made the engine mounts for the new engine so I'm also a bit worried about the drive shaft angle so was thinking about getting a cardan joint put into it tho

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 inch lift they usually recommend 3 degree castor correction bushes. But if you already have had you g/box lifted i wouldnt touch it, my drivetrain vibrates with a four inch lift and unless you wanna fork out for adjustable everything and start playing with your driveshaft then its gunna get expensive. But then again, a two inch lift aint cool at all ha ha.
    Flip er on er wheels, she'll run!
    4.2 Diesel GQ 4" King'n'ProComp Lift, 33's, Gu steer box conversion, custom drawers and a heavy right foot. Turbo kit, quarter chop and a heap of barwork coming very soon!
    A BIG thanks to Johnny at Repco Northside Rocky for always sourcing me the gear and parts I need ASAP You've saved me many times.