Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Side Awnings ?? Recomendations

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You Victorians have no sense of humour, man... and how would the Qld'rs get it if'n a Cockroach didn't explain it to them. If it was any more complicated I would have had to draw a cartoon.

Right, who have I missed in the insults

Anyway back on topic, yeah, I see your point. Personal preference certainly. I just like the extra "out".

I think someone is doing a 2.5 x 2.5 now as well
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th March 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Ironman 2.5 and used it for a week camping at christmas time and was great. I also stuck a led strip light in it with a lead long enough to plug into a power supply at the front or the rear of the car and I carry a adaptor with alligator clips for direct connection to a battery.
    I would always recommend using the ropes as it doesn't take much wind to lift it off the ground.
    Like most people say it is easy to set up and the ropes stay on the poles which all fold up and I clip the pegs under the straps so the only thing I can leave behind is the hammer.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for the feedback

Cheers Andrew

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a tigerz11 awning and it is great! Lucky for me the factory is just around the corner so called in and got one of the last ones!!
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Black Widow side and rear awning. I have had a ironman rear awning but it was not the best, Found a black widow rear awning in Darwin and had it shipped to me. As I already had the side awning.
    Yes you will say they are very pricey but you get what you pay for in my opinion.
    The canvas provides heaps of shade and does not let light through so it works for me.
    I just did not like the arb,foxing and ironman because I found the canvas to be very light in the canvas for me.
    Each to your own and buy what you can afford and be happy with your purchase.

Wayne
    05 Gold auto Zd30
    2 inch lift

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fox wing pivot point is very weak. Saw one lift up and snap off very easily. As pointed out by others, it's imperative that you tie it down.

Saw a really good one at the Brissy 4X4 show last weekend: "clevershade" made locally and much stronger. $940 for a batwing shape though. 3600x3600.

Didn't buy one as I had already done my dough on other stuff. Bit pricy too given the numbers quoted above.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I have ordered an awning from TigerII at $169 they look the same as Open Sky, ARB etc
    BUT they are out of stock, coming from China???
    2 months wait???
    I made the blue of a PO Box and its taken an age to go through their system, so now I have to wait, mumble mumble mumble
    Call them before you order
    They're all from China mate. Last 2 tigerz awnings I sold the bags filled up with water when it rained and couldn't escape because the zippers weren't on the bottom like they used to be. They said no use sending them back for replacement because all the ones they have are like that.
    I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walkal View Post
    I just did not like the arb,foxing and ironman because I found the canvas to be very light in the canvas for me.
    Each to your own and buy what you can afford and be happy with your purchase.

Wayne
    That's because they aren't real canvas and being thick ripstop it keeps them lightweight.
    I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bordertech View Post
    They're all from China mate. Last 2 tigerz awnings I sold the bags filled up with water when it rained and couldn't escape because the zippers weren't on the bottom like they used to be. They said no use sending them back for replacement because all the ones they have are like that.
    Thanks for the heads up there, I will get the hole punch and put some small drain holes in the bag before I mount it. Not at all suprised at the source!!! So many of them look the same so there sure come out of the same factory.

Our present one is an open sky, the only bit that is in good condition is the "canvas" itself.
    We have had it flip over the top and damage poles/spreaders, (gust caught me out without pegging down).
    The bag is real sad after 6 years of pushing through the bush
    The straps that hold it rolled up have disintegrated, like UV damage.
    For the price to get 6 years is amazing really, we use it every time we camp and has been a good investment.

On the ute we had, it was on a freds arm that swung it around to the rear over the tailgate, that was a handy device.
    http://www.bta4wd.com/category898_1.htm
    Its up in the roof of the shed with all the other unused gear, might put it back in service one day if we get rid of the CC and get a wagon....
    Cheers Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw one today get a little puff of wind under it and turned it nearly inside out. Bent the pin on the side pole so it was pack it away time.
    Not a good sight to see 2 little kids under there having lunch with their dad and then screaming from the collapse.
    So Always tie them down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast