OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seized silver td42 rebuild or replace?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does engine come with sleeves factory or are they o pad out after boring. I really don't know much about engines yet this rebuild is my learning process

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gqtroll,

It all depends on how quick you need your truck on the road, DO NOT get rid of the silver top, If your need your truck up and running get a cheap motor to swap out and rebuild the silver top as a spare.

If you are not in a hurry, rebuild the silver top as per the threads on this forum.

the silver top from all accounts is a great motor, allegedly way better than a black top.

But that is an argument for another forum and another thread.

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your going to go the extent or replacing the bores you will need machining work done (block and head etc) i would also be getting the block acid bathed while it is completely bare (liners out etc) if its just one piston make sure the rod isnt bent and the squirter isnt blocked and is in good condition. Then just follow the procedures in the manuals and from professionals and you should be sweet.

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate I cant help here all the stuff I have done is from asking a lot of questions and reading manuals never had internet back then just know if I pull it apart I can put it back together.
    It my be an idea to get some pics along the way as to allow those that dont know and others watching be able to keep an eye on the bits and peices etc. along the way

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All pistons are not actually seized I cooked the crank and bearings pistons are still freely moving and seem in good enough condition. Mate of mine reckons I'll just need a new crank and bearings. And a good clean. So until I cab get new parts I'm going to pull while engine apart and give it a good clean I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12