Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.8 Rear main seal

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.8 Rear main seal

Rear seal is leaking just wondering would you guys replace a perfectly working clutch while the box is out i was thinking of converting it to a singlemass but the cost might just put the finance department off if i just replaced with a heavy duty dual would i need to touch the flywheel
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pulled the car apart tonight to start the conversion over to thermo fans and what i thought might have been the rear main seal leaking looks like it was this little bit of pipe that comes off the intercooler has sprayed oil all over the rear of the motor heres hoping that this is the problem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Theres only one thing tougher than my truck............. YES DEAR GOING TO DO THE LAWNS NOW
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries,can and do kill people and damage property

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol2.8 View Post
    pulled the car apart tonight to start the conversion over to thermo fans and what i thought might have been the rear main seal leaking looks like it was this little bit of pipe that comes off the intercooler has sprayed oil all over the rear of the motor heres hoping that this is the problem
    Fingers crossed mate!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah im hoping because if it aint might mean missing out on the flinders ranges trip in june as the banks still recovering from the trip i just did

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my clutch replaced recently and i changed the Dual Mass Fly wheel also. it was worn down to the rivets and the clutch has worn grove into it. everytime i changed gear at high reves i would get a shudder about 2000rpm.

I ended putting in a Singlemass Flywheel it vibrates a little on idle like a truck....but at least i can machine it in the future the whole install clutch and flywheel cost me $1500.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that sounds good ive heard the single mass are better clutches was hoping not to have to do it as there is nothing wrong with my clutch as yet

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still have a leak but have traced it and found the catch can i made (pvc one glue softend with the heat)has sprung a leak and oil is being blown to rear of motor ive orderd an alloy one which i will convert as they dont catch much if you dont and refit and hopefuly that will solve the oil leak

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen the provent ones on eBay, mate has one fitted, beenadvised that are the only way to go.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this link.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-VENT-...item3a66bd4305
    Don't know if it is the best price.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brucemacca For This Useful Post:

patrol2.8 (21st June 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    singel mass is the way to go mate i have 1 from NPC clutches a 10in in my old 2.8 gose grate...same with my comp truck got a 12in in it flog the crap out of it and never slips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast