OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camshaft position sensor.....faulty (zd30 crd.. 2008 )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi it will be the cam position sensor, just did mine 07 crd light has'nt been on since was hard to start when light was on. Just fit it yourself takes 5 mins right at the front of the head 1 10mm bolt & 1 plug that is it dont pay $120 labor.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to batesy For This Useful Post:

Col.T (11th January 2013), robophil (24th October 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some helpful info here as my 2009 crd ute has thrown an engine light on a few times as well. The first three happened evenly spaced over 6 months and were the crank angle sensor. Now im getting Camshaft position sensor and the car is a bit harder to start (cranks over a bit longer before firing). I use the Torque App for android with the bluetooth OBD2 adapter for scanning and clearing faults from my ecu. Recently the fault seems to be reappearing both times i have driven it so will try a new sensor. Sounds like an easy fix reading batesy's post. Will give it a go.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all
    as a possible last entry, Robbo's diag was top. Trouble was I'd already set a date with Mr. Nissan. Job would have been a pushover but until the diag. I didn't know what it looked like or where it was.
    Third man's idea of the diag, tool is good EXCEPT ( and this may just be for little chicken me ) if I know the number, ignore it , reset it and happily rock on, I'd maybe spend the next three months up some out back creek wondering just exactly what I had ignored and if maybe I was about to find out.
    Do like the idea of being able to read/understand (maybe) the codes though.
    Anyway, all done and all now good.
    Thanks all
    Col

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 2007 CRD and had the error light come on when fairly new (under a year) - they cleared it, said there was no trouble etc and off I went. Now it keeps coming on and going off - I bought a scan-tool thingy, read the code (P 0340 'cam position sensor'), asked a few questions of mechanics and erased it. Nissan reckons I must have 'over-cranked' it at some time?? what that means I do not know as I have never had a flat battery or any other sort of trouble. When they want 50 to 100 bucks just to read it and erase it, I spent under that and bought the reader.
    Recently I decided to replace the sensor for the same reasons as Col.T mentions but they put a new one in and the car would not start - sounded like a petrol with the plug-wires around the wrong way - scary, they then tried a second new one and the car would not start again so they put the old one back in and I am back on the road again.
    Not sure about that one and am going to have to get a proper diagnisis, methinks.
    However the car is still running along nicely so I don't have a clue - but by the comments of others, this is not an isolated problem so Nissan knows about it but wont tell us how to over come it which is a shame.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nissan Pulsar had this problem some years ago - which resulted in a recall. Pulsars (ours was one) would just stop at times and be fine afterwards - until next time. If yours has a problem fix it now. $300 does not go far when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and need to be recovered and towed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Wife was driving the patrol yesterday and experienced a check engine light. Checking with the EDS revealed an error code P0340 - quick google revealed this was related to camshaft position sensor. Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

I'm going to do a basic check of the wiring connections etc but just in case @Mudksi are you able to source this part and how much?
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Hi all,

Wife was driving the patrol yesterday and experienced a check engine light. Checking with the EDS revealed an error code P0340 - quick google revealed this was related to camshaft position sensor. Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

I'm going to do a basic check of the wiring connections etc but just in case @Mudksi are you able to source this part and how much?
    Anyone able to provide any feedback or advice on this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Anyone able to provide any feedback or advice on this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have read of a couple going.
    From reading it's mounted front of engine somewhere..
    Expensive unfortunately..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (6th October 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123