Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi JoseM
    All the systems are the same .There is no proportioning valve the only valve is the load sensing valve.
    Your problem can be solved by increasing the booster output , replacing the master with a smaller diameter one [not recommended ] You can also fit high coefficient brake pads.
    If the load sensing valve is not adjusted or working properly you can either over brake or under brake the rear which will effect overall braking.
    also check the vacuum output ant the booster through the whole braking range

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd September 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'n'Shred View Post
    Its been a long time since I did the brake module in my apprenticeship but I think????? if you change the slave cylinder size to a larger size you increase the force applied to the pads but reduce the distance the piston will move. I think???? Maybe someone can confirm this??? Struggling to remember which way around it goes.

I would try to contact a brake expert if I was you.
    Yeah, that is part of the problem, our "experts" dont know their arss from a hole in the ground.

I've been all over the net and haven't been able to find pressure ratios for neither system.

What Im trying to figure out is if it would be worth it, changing master cyl and valve (not the rear one (proportioning), they are the same part # for all applications). See, all the components are working perfectly, the thing is that they were not configured to hold a 120lbs/38.5" wheel, therefore Im trying to figure out a way to generate more power than stock. In my truck, stock no longer works for anything anymore...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the master cylinder is a different bore size between the front disc system and 4 wheel disc system. The ABS system does not have any effect on braking unless you have a traction loss or a hard brake application. Check with nissan spares for the part number difference with the master cylinder. Not sure what other valve you are talking about as the master cylinder is what controls the amount of pressure that goes to the calipers by using different size pistons and bores for front and rear brakes.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about this thread.

I swaped master and booster for a Mustang's hyd booster. It does certainly have some stopping power now...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JoseM For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseM View Post
    I forgot about this thread.

I swaped master and booster for a Mustang's hyd booster. It does certainly have some stopping power now...
    was it a straight swap? have you got any pics? where can i buy one? How much was it?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will need to change the master cylinder, as Rip'n'shred has stated, the swept volume of the original cylinder would have been designed for a specific system, you will probably find that the piston area for the rear brakes is too small. The piston may be bottoming out or reaching the limit of its travel but still not providing enough hydraulic pressure to provide effective braking. The proportioning valve will adjust pressure depending on load but if you don't have enough pressure to start with, it useless. Larger piston = larger surface area = larger pressures with less piston travel = better brakes.

As stated earlier, time to go to a brake expert.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    was it a straight swap? have you got any pics? where can i buy one? How much was it?

Got it from a wreckers for $100 usd.

We had to cut and weld the rod for an exact fit with the pedal. And reposition the lower bolts to make it fit on the fire wall as per factory. No big deal.

The pwr steering pump is coping great; however, I had previously put n oil cooler due to some cavitation with the 38s

I figured it was easier and faster to become my own expert...
    Last edited by JoseM; 3rd September 2013 at 01:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12