OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NissanPatrol.com.au club?

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben81C View Post
    All fair and good, i was just asking, seem to have opened a bit of a can of worms.
    A shame its so complex i guess, on the other hand the forum clearly functions well as is so why push the envelope.
    From the responses it seems to me a fair bit of thought has gone into it already, perhaps in front of a fire somewhere down a track. Sounds like that's the Best place for it.
    Safe and uncomplicated.
    Not at all, Ben, really pleased you raised it - clearly there is some support for it, too.

Rick
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

Ben81C (23rd March 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    Well as much as I would be happy to have those I have met in a club withme, I think I prefer the meet ups and outings(although i haven't been on any tracks with BigRig & Duck leadingthe way) with flexible boundaries, unity in no's, and acceptance of all skill levels,models of rigs, and body shapes of humans. As we gather as friends, almost family waving the banner for this Great Forum. Which by the way supports Clubs bt allowing their word of type advertising here.

Tim
    Yep, like ET stated, have to be unlucky, but it does happen. That said, I'm with you. I like our outings and generally attended by people I refer to as mates - not strangers. So the first time someone comes out (as those of you who've been with me know anyway), it's "softly, softly" with a whole lot of "only you know you mate" when discussing a certain obstacle, hill, etc.

I know we live in a world of litigation, and having read this, its all probably to be thrown in the 'too hard basket', but I love our trips, I relish the time with my 'mates', and I have a bloody ball ... that is enough for me and I'll continue to play it safe, never coerce others, ensure safety is paramount, but most importantly, enjoy what it is we do ... shame to think that could turn pear shaped to the point of being sued, but the reward is worth the risk ... my opinion ONLY, and I place full responsibility on the one person absolutely, unequivocally responsible for the safety of myself and my rig ... me!!

I think most feel the same way, but I guess it's not until the worst of situations where this can (and does) go to poo that some people would go down a different path seeking someone else to take accountability for their decisions ... shame, shame, shame (in the fine words of Derryn Hinch!!! lol).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Ben81C (23rd March 2012), Finly Owner (26th March 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having held various roles, including Vice President of the Western Patrol Club and seen what it takes to run a club at a committee level, it is not as easy as some think.
    There are legal, financial issues to deal with, as well as trying to cater to all members interests.....if we decided to go down that track then I personally would be out of here in a flash.
    Please lets just keep it the way it is, members with a common interest, the NISSAN PATROL.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Ben81C (23rd March 2012), Finly Owner (26th March 2012), GUtsy ute (23rd March 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hate politics...that is all

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (24th March 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One reason this forum is so popular is because it is a forum
    no hassels no politics or religon,its free its family its open
    to every one,why would you want to spoil that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (26th March 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben81C View Post
    All good we could orginise some bikini clad girls to distract the serious competition and romp home to glory and silverware LOL
    So What do the female members get to look at??? hehhehee
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belzi82 View Post
    ME of course.............................you can look just not touch *LMAO*
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few ex-friends and I started up a club, so know about the financial costs, etc and it is hard work.

I prefer the forum to a club because it is minus the politics and we don't have to get pre-approval for trips and then run a pre-trip before the the actual trip!
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to belzi82 For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (26th March 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For me, personally I'd say keep it as a forum only.... I'm a member of one club already and that's enough, I find it difficult enough as it is to make it to their trips. It's great to meet up withe members on here from WA but let's not have politics and what not get in the way of the friendships we have on here. I think it would spoil it.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belzi82 View Post
    Hello belzi82,

I typed 'male members'............ but it doesn't read right :-) .

So, instead, I say the discerning females can look at the rest of us.

Take me for instance, 110 kgs of superbly relaxed muscle :-), and I imagine things only improve once you start looking elsewhere from there!! :-). In my case, looking only, no touching as I'm happily married :-))))))
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast