Thread: NissanPatrol.com.au club?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NissanPatrol.com.au club?

Has there been any thought given to turning this site into a club? You could run a national club with state by state chapters i suppose you could say, we could even have some sort of annual comp or something? Just a thought.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, outside of the inevitable insurance etc discussions, I love the idea mate!!!! (Applause).

Not sure on other states, but "build it and they will come" (to quote one of the worst movies ever made - anything with Kevin Costner for that matter!! lmao) and in QLD I have 38 members contact numbers alone (24 patrols at the last full meet) and whilst I can't, nor would ever, speak on their behalf I personally would love to see it ... no offence to others as they are all awesome in their own right, but there's a club I'd join!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Ben81C (22nd March 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would join 2, but an annual comp......mmmmmmmmm TANK ( Bigrig's Rig ) against my un named un loved Rig............mmmmm .....TANK would be at the finish line before mine started!!!!!
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good we could orginise some bikini clad girls to distract the serious competition and romp home to glory and silverware LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 20,713 Times in 8,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would love to have a club but with insurances these days I just never gave it much thought. Kind of put it in the too hard basket with legal issues, etc.

Would love to hear from any club owners or more information and costs involved in running a club and covering the club too????

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does getting stickers made and available for sale on this website constitute a legitimate club in terms of insurance??? Or create a levy for "site maintenance"n on joining or posting x number of times could earn you a windscreen or some sort of "club" id. At least then i would know who to throw mud at when leaving car parks! I don't mean over complicate the whole thing its already doing all it needs to. Just be good to see who else is on board on the road. If you asked nicely i reckon Nissan themselves may help with it. Great advertising for them, and you already do that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben81C For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd March 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    windscreen sticker i meant

Thanks
    Thanked 20,713 Times in 8,558 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah mate It's a great idea..... I'm trying to land a deal with helping someone completely revamp their signage companies site in exchange for a lot of barn door stickers. If I can land this deal I can probably get a bucket load of vinyl cut and carry paper to then hand out to members.

It's just a nightmare trying to meet up with this bloke as we are both too busy....lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there precedence of a club 'starting' life initially as an online forum? Suppose the trips and everything we do now constitutes enough of a 'group' mentality that we at least see ourselves as a club without formal recognition and legal/insurance issues.

We have the strikers for the forum to go on windshields etc and many have these already.

Hmmmm ... I think it's more of a discussion around what true benefits comes from being a recognised club as opposed to simply a 'group of mates' who venture out together etc ...

Food for thought no doubt ... the club concept would definitely promote more of a monthly meet process etc for members as opposed to random meet ups ...

I'd be willing to throw up my hand to organise a centralised monthly meeting location in Brisbane to at least test the waters and see what comes ... semi-formal agenda with a sausage sizzle etc just to get people together and do what manly men do ...

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What follows are just my musings, and I do not intend to get up anyone's nose :-)

Unincorporated associations have joint and several liability, although commonly people looking to sue go for office bearers/committee members, and presumably anyone who looks like they have a few bucks.

The minute this forum looks like an unincorporated association, I am out of here. As it is the trips and get togethers make me slightly nervous.

If you are looking at going down the incorporated club process, then there are fees and constitutions and compulsory insurance and all that stuff. If that happens, can we please give the constitutional issues to a sub committee who really care about fighting about that stuff, and leave the fun stuff for the rest? I saw a major club in NSW in the '70s nearly fall over because meetings got bogged down in constitutional issues that only a small, but exceptionally dedicated group gave a fig about.

Speaking only for myself, if I wanted to join a club, I'd join one of the excellent ones that are already up and running.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd March 2012), Clunk (22nd March 2012), MudRunnerTD (22nd March 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (22nd March 2012), Woof (23rd March 2012), Yendor (22nd March 2012)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast