Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iron man vs Tuff dog kits

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clear advice and this will be followed. Thanks for that. Good stuff mate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,
    Just a question on load upgrade on springs, i've read and been told to not bother with getting springs to handle higher weight loads, as the ride quality when the vehicle is not loaded (Daily driver 80% of the time) is absolutely shithouse, and like myself will only have the vehicle fully loaded 20% of the time its better to just put up with the norm springs.

Any thought???

Cheers,
    Shaun...
    1998 GU - RD28t > TJM Bull Bar > Dual Batteries > Boost & EGT Gauges > Turbo Timer > Minor Engine Mod's.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a steel bullbar dual batteries winch rear draws etc tow a van most of the time this is extra weight all the time and should allow for that as the standard suspension doesn't. if it's the occasinal packed car I wouldn't bother.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday,

I have in my GU a 3" tough dog lift with 4" adjustable big bore shocks and absolutely love it!!. I have them set at around 6 rear and 4 front and set them to 1 when on the hard dirt tracks.. I have fitted extended brake lines and caster bushes and that's it.. The steering wheel is only a tinny bit out hardly notice it.. It drives as new with this lift and with the 4" shocks I get that little bit more travel..

Cheers Lewy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GU ST-L 4.2 turbo diesel Because reliability counts!!!!!
    Front Elocker and a Heep more cool stuff :-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MadEngineer View Post
    as a bit of an industry insider, I can tell you the suggested brands are world apart as far as build and material quality go! While O'seas doing R&D for some suspension stuff, I was offered to buy a range of shocks from the same manufacturer as 'steelboy' but there premium range! They were able to bargain @ sub $15AUD a pair...... As for the other brand in question (strongCat) They have done there homework over the years and have really got it down pretty good. The materials and manufacturing is excellent, little things like the material used in the foot valve which is 3 time the price of the cheap crap you find in some shock brands. I do know a lot more tech stuff about both brands, but will leave it at that cus it starts making one look REALLY bad!

HTH
    Greg
    I know this is a bit of a thread dig, but I hate to tell you mate, there is no way they were our shocks! We've had manufacturers claiming to sell our stuff before and I can assure you if this ever did happen they would no longer be a manufacturer of ours!

As for the quality of our gear. I'll just let our thousands of happy customers do the talking , needless to say we've spent decades designing and developing our suspension range and products. We aren't a company that has just started producing suspension!

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

AB (30th January 2014), Clunk (30th January 2014), MEGOMONSTER (30th January 2014), oncedisturbed (30th January 2014), threedogs (30th January 2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123