Thread: Jump Starter Packs

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Sweet as, i think im looking at the same one you got. Sounds good. How long have you had it?
    Ghee?? I reckon i have had it for 6 or 7 years for sure? Its a winner mate, mine is just the jump pack without the compressor but i have the compressor sorted so the jump pack is what i wanted.

Last year i went to Bluff Hut for a swag trip in the snow and took the jump pack and a couple of LED light bars that i made for camping and Bluff Hut was Fully lit that night and all that were there appreciated it. And! It'd jump me in the morning
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Jock (15th March 2012), taslucas (14th March 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi I have had a couple of these and i dont have mutch good to say about them, it lasted mabey 3 trips, using as light, radio and a few jump starts then it simply would not charge up any more, it wasnt a very expensive one, but i was still dissapointed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofa View Post
    hi I have had a couple of these and i dont have mutch good to say about them, it lasted mabey 3 trips, using as light, radio and a few jump starts then it simply would not charge up any more, it wasnt a very expensive one, but i was still dissapointed
    What model mate if you recall?? Just might help others to steer clear of them!!

Cheers

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While 18 amp/hours seems a lot, one of those compact flouro lights draws 1 amp ..... LEDs less, but add a few LEDs together and you get the idea. Fine for a weekend or even a long weekend, but would need to be used carefully for longer periods.

I think half the problem is that the chargers that come with them are not ideal. That is why I plug my multi stage Battery Fighter into the jump start leads and charge from there. A C-tek charger that is even smarter would probably be better again.
    RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many!

"As a boat owner and a four wheel drive owner I feel like a pelican: every where I look I see a big bill in front of me”

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got a bit of an update....went camping with mates last weekend and noticed they were using a starter pack for music and lights(just small leds). It was just a fairly cheap sca one, 900 amp and he said he always runs them for music and lights when camping and it lasts the weekend easily. I thought they were more for two or three large amp jump starts but it looks as though they are good for low current, long time period.
    I'm thinking of getting two! One for emergency starts and one for music and lights.

tappn it
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the sca 900cca pack yesterday and giving it a run this weekend as i have a dual battery system but havenot run the constant 12v sockets yet. Running a 50L ironman fridge (0.7 amps) and a 2.3m LED light strip.

Comes with a 5v usb charger on the rear which is sweet

Rough guess I can get a full weekend out of it runninh both. The bonus is if driving I can plug fridge into car and alao the battery pack and charge it whilst driving
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. That is a good feature with the fridge. Look forward in hearing you report back.

tappn it
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my Blue Point one for about 8 years and it's only just had a new battery fitted. It was good for running a fridge all weekend. When I used to work in the smash repair industry we used them everyday. You could easily jump start 20 cars before they started to go flat but I leave the mine on the charger all the time so it's always full. I've also just bought a Porta Power Dominator P4 which is a lot bigger and it lasts longer again. It's got 2200 peak amps and a 26 amp hour battery.

Here's the link to the Porta Power ones.

http://portapower.com.au/index.php/p...s/jumpstarters

Cheers Mick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from camping, the 900cca sca pack was crap for the fridge but awesome for running the led lights, charging mobile etc so it was still worth getting.

12v constant sockets and a new deep cycle getting put in this week
    2009 GU ST 4.8L AUTO WAGON, 2" OME LIFT, 33" A/T'S, ARB DELUXE BAR, WARN XD9000 WINCH, NARVA 170 SPOTTIES, SCRUB BARS / SIDE STEPS, LONG RANGE TANK, DUALL BATTS, REAR DRAWER SYSTEM, ARB AWNING, KAYMAR REAR WHEEL CARRIER, 3" ZORST

www.swat4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Regardless, Rusty's 600A unit performed amazingly well. Just wondering about whether it's worth spending more for the 800A unit if possibly the wires wouldn't deliver the power.
    hey mate, the cable is pretty thin, after it started marks motor they were slightly warm. all i know is it started the motor no dramas and for the amount of times it would do so i would not imagine the cables heating up slightly per use wouldnt be an issue as long as youre not starting car after car after car.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (26th April 2017)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast