OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra Cab chop - GQ trol, who has one?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen one around work that consists of a red GQ, pretty much chopped the barn doors and roof off it....then dropped a 4x6" "drop-side tray back" aluminium tray on the chassis.
    Kinda looks funny, because the guy retained the rear wheel arches (OEM flares) and thats what originally caught my eye.
    He has sealed the cab with a rear window, so it may be welded but I can't confirm its a good job.
    The guy is a Tradie of some description, so it works well for him.
    If I see it next week I will take a pic or two.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    straight chops always look funny, its just weird to have half a wheel arch. There are plenty of Cruiser 4 Door cab chassis chops been done and a couple GQ patrol 4 Door C-chassis chops getting around Tassie. I prefer the Hard side tub look myself but it does lack in tray space, so i can totally see the reason for a C-Chassis chop.
    Matt, 91 Patrol 4 Door Ute, 8" of lift, 35's, Low ratio diffs, Spartan Front locker.
    Come Join my 4x4 club @ www.Trenchmen4x4.com
    Check out my Facebook page ----> Trenchmen 4x4 https://www.facebook.com/Trenchmen4x4

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine does the chops for a mob here in Perth, mainly turning them into 4 door with a tray back, also extending the chassis if required.

He keeps on at me to let him chop mine into a 4 door well body like mudsluts........ I'm thinkin about it lol

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine half built a GQ extra cab then sold it as an unfinished project in Brisbane. The way he did it was to cut a GQ wagon that had been shunted up the back, and mate it up to the back cab wall off a MQ ute that had been front shunted....... and it was all steel from the doors back to the back wall. He allowed enough space to sit a fridge in behind the seat on the passenger side, with a bit of a false floor under to stow small items not often needed, then on the other side behind his seat there was a plan for (sort of) some storage bins etc and a rear overhead console/storage for cameras etc.

And a couple of bilge pumps were planned for! one under each seat LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12