OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just had a brain wave - Small block 350 in a shorty???

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyones entitled to an opinion i have just developed a dislike to anything made by gm due to the problems experienced with them and have vowed to never own one again.
    "Heres to hoping my td42 lives up to it's reputation and i don't have to spend more time working on it then driving it lol"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_gq_lwb View Post
    Everyones entitled to an opinion i have just developed a dislike to anything made by gm due to the problems experienced with them and have vowed to never own one again.
    "Heres to hoping my td42 lives up to it's reputation and i don't have to spend more time working on it then driving it lol"
    I feel your pain in the working on stakes. Luckily my eng is a later model inj type so no dramas yet. with your td42 if you change the oil/filters you will never have to put a spanner on it, they are a great strong engine. i never put a spanner on mine. just everything around it fell apart from abuse...!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at fitting an LS1 (350 from a late model commodore) or possibly an LS7 (427) to my GQ wagon. There are a few advantages to the late model injected V8's: No dizzy, lightweight & easy to tune.
    I've got a friend in gelong with a twin turbo'd LSX 427 SWB & it looks bloody awesome! Haven't seen it in person yet but the photos are wicked!
    Has anyone else done a late model V8 conversion & can conversion parts be purchased anywhere or do I have to make my own?

Bjorn. 92 GQ Wagon, TB42E, Auto & 3" lift.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine had a Small block 350 in a G60, 20 years ago. Went well. Also didn’t need to tow petrol station behind you.
    1st G60 Then MQ Now GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine had a Small block 350 in a G60, 20 years ago. Went well. Also didn’t need to tow petrol station behind you. We also all had A frames on the front of our 4bees. 4 trucks = 16 wheel drive. There was No stopping us.
    1st G60 Then MQ Now GU

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why has no one used the vh45 v8? theyre cheap efi, quad cam and go hard, and i belive will fit a tb42 bell housing.... id try but i have an mq....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iansmqshotyy View Post
    why has no one used the vh45 v8? theyre cheap efi, quad cam and go hard, and i belive will fit a tb42 bell housing.... id try but i have an mq....
    A mate of mine did for his comp truck. was a good conversion but the eng just seemed to be a bit down in the torque department down low. there is a few turbo/twin turbo vh45 gq's out there. If set up right i think they would be a great allrounder truck. He is building a turbo vh45 gu extra cab ute ATM but will be a few years away yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's the vh45 engine out of? Is it the infinity?

tappin it
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    What's the vh45 engine out of? Is it the infinity?

tappin it
    yes mate. he used the infiniti motor and auto and had an adaptor made to fit the transfer. the infiniti auto is basically the same as a patrol auto but with a bigger torque converter. from memory there is a slightly bigger version of the 45 now..??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebus View Post
    yes mate. he used the infiniti motor and auto and had an adaptor made to fit the transfer. the infiniti auto is basically the same as a patrol auto but with a bigger torque converter. from memory there is a slightly bigger version of the 45 now..??
    Ahh that makes sense, there was a gq shorty at my local transmission shop a while back. He had an infinity v8 bolted to the patrol auto but was having a lot of heat issues and had cooked it a few times... He had two coolers and still had trouble. Might have something to do with the TC size? Using the patrol TC instead of the infinity one?

tappin it
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123