Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose alloy wheels on Nissan Patrol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbous View Post
    1. There IS a recall on the Alloy wheels because they can work loose and fall off
    2. There IS not a problem with the wheels so warranty denied

Maybe it's just me but I see a major contradiction with those 2 items. If there's no issue then why the recall. If there is a recall then the warranty should cover.

Personally, I would be going back to Nissan and stating that I see the recall as an admission that there is an issue with the alloy wheels and that therefore the warranty should cover the damage caused by the wheel falling off.
    Don't get angry with them just be firm and stress that there appears to be a LEGAL contradiction where they admit and deny a problem at the same time. Stress the LEGAL part and make it clear that if they don't cover then you will investigate the Full LEGAL position and publish the result.

What have you got to lose?
    Is there a recall? There are many different classifications in this area: recall, rework, customer satisfaction campaigns... If there is a campaign-which wheels??? It won't be every alloy wheel. they may have just revised the torque spec.
    I'd like to see some hard evidence on this topic so i can be confident about my wheels.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearGUST View Post
    Is there a recall? There are many different classifications in this area: recall, rework, customer satisfaction campaigns... If there is a campaign-which wheels??? It won't be every alloy wheel. they may have just revised the torque spec.
    I'd like to see some hard evidence on this topic so i can be confident about my wheels.
    There is/was Nissan safety recall which was/is applicable to alloy wheels on certain GU series, most owners where contacted by Nissan, I was even though I never ever gave Nissan any of my details.
    I was directed to dealership where they checked the wheels, re-torqued them than installed the indicators (3 per wheel only) and also given a card how to correctly install and tighten the wheels.
    They also slapped a sticker on the driver side door pillar. I'd guess that's their "get out of jail card".
    Cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, that doesn't sound like a "recall" then.
    What series is your GU? 16 or 17" wheels?
    It's an interesting problem cos VERY few people torque their wheel nuts so Nissan could well be safe of any blame.
    If your wheel came loose it would be hard to prove that it had been torqued correctly beforehand.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is Series 4 with 17" Alloys. Perhaps we should call it a safety campaign.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Rumcajs; 4th March 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all my wife losta front wheel on GU 3 2003 in a school area luck only doing 40 km so lucky. Its that littel lip on the hub. it only fell out onto the bottom of the alloy wheel.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cossy View Post
    Hi all my wife losta front wheel on GU 3 2003 in a school area luck only doing 40 km so lucky. Its that littel lip on the hub. it only fell out onto the bottom of the alloy wheel.
    cossy, did you determine any good reason why the wheel came off? There's a number of cases reported on here & other sites where patrol owners have lost wheels. Some have said it was their inattention to detail - changed the wheel recently but didn't torque the nuts at fitting & didn't recheck wheel nut tension the next day. Others have said the wheels just came off with no good reason. All have said they were running alloys, but few have given any detail of tyre size, driving conditions, what type of alloys, year of alloys etc. Any thoughts on your wheel issue?

cheers

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is gold 3L GU sitting on its butt, just around the corner from our place in North Brisbane.
    Been there 3 days, on a main road......passenger side rear wheel disappeared, resting on its brake disc and diff. Looks like 16" rims....hope he/she isn't waiting on a warranty claim from NIssan, might be waiting a while.
    Hasn't been "cannaried" by the Police yet, which is strange.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help but think of that add on tele years ago OH NO NOT THE WHEEL NUTS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo0001 View Post
    There is gold 3L GU sitting on its butt, just around the corner from our place in North Brisbane.
    Been there 3 days, on a main road......passenger side rear wheel disappeared, resting on its brake disc and diff. Looks like 16" rims....hope he/she isn't waiting on a warranty claim from NIssan, might be waiting a while.
    Hasn't been "cannaried" by the Police yet, which is strange.

what street robbo?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what the torque settings are for tightening up the alloy wheelnuts?
    2011 CRD with a bunch of stuff bolted on

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast