OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

0 0%
  • All Terrain

2 50.00%
  • Mud Terrain

3 75.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Nankang

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tyre Feedback - Nankang

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the Nankang tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.
    Last edited by patch697; 10th September 2010 at 12:51 AM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased these 2009. $220 delivered from sydney to my front door.

Good cheap tyre; only prob is 33x12.5x15 size designation is bogus.
    most likely 32".

reasonable rate of wear; MTZ wore down to less than 20% within 12 months.

2 rear tyres at +50%; front left at +30% Front Right inside tread chewed due to polyurathane radius arm - pin end bush wearing out.

Very difficult to find a second hand tyre to replace front right, due to odd size.

Drive on beach almost everyday; tyre pressure consistantly between 18 - 25. too lazy to pump up full, for road driving considering, i be back fishing at any moment.
    Goes thru boggy sand ok; cause i have them on a gq patrol.
    no worries with mud,
    fine on corners on wet road cause i drive slow. Kane it on tracks and beach!
    road noise - can still hear gf; could be noisier.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trollman For This Useful Post:

big_fletch (1st March 2011), red92gq (2nd March 2011), Woof (1st March 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollman View Post
    Purchased these 2009. $220 delivered from sydney to my front door.

Good cheap tyre; only prob is 33x12.5x15 size designation is bogus.
    most likely 32".

reasonable rate of wear; MTZ wore down to less than 20% within 12 months.

2 rear tyres at +50%; front left at +30% Front Right inside tread chewed due to polyurathane radius arm - pin end bush wearing out.

Very difficult to find a second hand tyre to replace front right, due to odd size.

Drive on beach almost everyday; tyre pressure consistantly between 18 - 25. too lazy to pump up full, for road driving considering, i be back fishing at any moment.
    Goes thru boggy sand ok; cause i have them on a gq patrol.
    no worries with mud,
    fine on corners on wet road cause i drive slow. Kane it on tracks and beach!
    road noise - can still hear gf; could be noisier.
    Good review thanks mate.. HAHAHA love the last line about the gf
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First hand account and they are beyond awful - had a set on the Holden - daily driver for the missus prior to getting the jeep. Wore unevenly, and lucky if they would have gotten 25K out of them. Cheap is the only good feature, and you get what you pay for most of the time. I personally could NOT ever be convinced to try them again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    First hand account and they are beyond awful - had a set on the Holden - daily driver for the missus prior to getting the jeep. Wore unevenly, and lucky if they would have gotten 25K out of them. Cheap is the only good feature, and you get what you pay for most of the time. I personally could NOT ever be convinced to try them again.
    I had the same encounter with them. The only positive thing I can say about them is they are a good price (not that I bought them. They were new on the car when I got it). I would not purchase these for a family vehicle. Bad traction and aqua planed as well as Scotty's review. They are the sought of tyre car yards buy if they cannot get 2nd hand.

However the muddy does not look to bad for a cheap tyre.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    33" muddies ,on gq coil cab Paid $225 each from local tyrepower
    I drive it daily, approx 70kms, on half gravel half sealed road to an from work .
    I dont drive it easy,
    So far i've done about 20,000 kms an their down to about 1/2 all round .
    Pressure is kept at 35psi
    So far they seem fine on bitumen wet or dry an not overly noisy.
    They can get a bit loose on the gravel but work well in both mud or rocky country
    90 maverick LWB 2" lift,General Grabber a/t
    92 Coil Cab 3" lift, kl71 33"s n/a td42

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had 33x12.5r15 Mudstars on my old surf, and have 305/70R16 on my GU. Found them to be better than average in mud, pretty bad in wet weather (i have them at 42-44psi daily though). I drive my GU every day with no problems. Tyre noise is there, but its not as loud as it used to be (either worn in or im getting used to it). The surf did 20xxx with them and they still had approx half the tread when i sold the car. I've had these on my Patrol since i got the truck mid last year and theyre still wearing evenly and still have approx 80-85%. For the $210/tyre that i paid i cant complain. Theyre great cheapies for money concious people who dont want ATs.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aiKzo6 View Post
    Had 33x12.5r15 Mudstars on my old surf, and have 305/70R16 on my GU. Found them to be better than average in mud, pretty bad in wet weather (i have them at 42-44psi daily though). I drive my GU every day with no problems. Tyre noise is there, but its not as loud as it used to be (either worn in or im getting used to it). The surf did 20xxx with them and they still had approx half the tread when i sold the car. I've had these on my Patrol since i got the truck mid last year and theyre still wearing evenly and still have approx 80-85%. For the $210/tyre that i paid i cant complain. Theyre great cheapies for money concious people who dont want ATs.
    Thanks for the feedback

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a set of mud stars on my troll when I bought it, they were ok when near new, did 30k on them, and they were almost scary on wet bitumen, ok off road not bad in the mud, but smooth as a babies bum on the side wall, so I needed to be snatched out of a 4" rut (wet clay) because of no traction on the side walls!!!!!!!!!! from that day on they were gone! I did 2 side walls with wooden stakes (aired down to 18 psi) both times. so yes there cheap and you get what you pay for. and ordinary tyre at a budget price made using old out dated design and technology, sorry not the tyre for me.

troy