OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 10.00%
  • All Terrain

16 80.00%
  • Mud Terrain

5 25.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Bridgestone

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Thats pretty good going...I wonder if anyone has tried the new 697?
    Will have some going onto the new rims later this week. If we can get 60,000k with our weight I'll be pretty happy.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 3000kms out of a 693.... Was my commuter tyre. To say I'm pissed with them is an understatement. Blew a lug on the blacktop. Cool - not.

Jas

2012 Silver GU 8. Bullbar, Warn XD9000 winch, snorkel, towbar, roof bars and rack, awning, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ 4ribs, 2" lift - Dobinsons coils and Koni shocks, more to come......

2013 Travelling Wilbury's Cape York Trip - bring it on!

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorrieandjas View Post
    Got 3000kms out of a 693.... Was my commuter tyre. To say I'm pissed with them is an understatement. Blew a lug on the blacktop. Cool - not.

Jas
    3000? Geez that's a shocker

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have 694 LT s.

Done 50,000 klm so far and they still have in excess 50% tread left. All on road and sand driving so no chips or damage.

Run min 37psi on road and down to 18 on beach in need.

Still minimal road noise with windows up and can't hear them with windows down due to wind.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dueller 697 LT's

I have had the 697 LT's on the car for 19000km and they are great. Not much wear on them so far, looks like they will last. I have taken them through mud, rocks and sand without a problem. The tread pattern is more aggressive than the 694. The only puncture I have had was caused by a 3 inch roofing screw I picked up just out of Lyndhurst. This is after surviving the Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie to Mt Dare (worst road I have ever been on), Simpson and Strzelecki tracks.

Will buy again as they are a top tyre but a little cheaper than BFG and Mickey T's.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    I have had the 697 LT's on the car for 19000km and they are great. Not much wear on them so far, looks like they will last. I have taken them through mud, rocks and sand without a problem. The tread pattern is more aggressive than the 694. The only puncture I have had was caused by a 3 inch roofing screw I picked up just out of Lyndhurst. This is after surviving the Oodnadatta track, Dalhousie to Mt Dare (worst road I have ever been on), Simpson and Strzelecki tracks.

Will buy again as they are a top tyre but a little cheaper than BFG and Mickey T's.
    Update on tyres.
    70,000 now with no problems. Did 8,000 klm round trip to the Cape and Western Qld and handled everything well. Rear left tyre copped a pounding as usual and probably only has 30,000 left but other 4 will probably last another 50,000.
    Very happy and will probably go 697's next time.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    Update on tyres.
    70,000 now with no problems. Did 8,000 klm round trip to the Cape and Western Qld and handled everything well. Rear left tyre copped a pounding as usual and probably only has 30,000 left but other 4 will probably last another 50,000.
    Very happy and will probably go 697's next time.
    Wow. That's good going. I have just clocked up 30000km and they don't seem any more worn than when I posted at 19000km. I'd like to add that they are a good tyre in the wet as well (36psi front and 39psi rear) on sealed roads. Good grip and steering feel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12