OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 10.00%
  • All Terrain

16 80.00%
  • Mud Terrain

5 25.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Bridgestone

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tyre Feedback - Bridgestone

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the Bridgestone tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.
    Last edited by patch697; 9th September 2010 at 11:52 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the D694 LT version, haven't driven them too far yet but noise is much better (well, less I mean) than the Toyo tyres that were installed before. Am going to drive Oodnadatta track later this year so will report back after some rough road driving!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ve got the 693's LT (third from left) , they were 5thou km old when i bought the Patrol and have now done 40thou km with 40% left , so far a good All Terrain for touring and general commuting and have had no issues with numerous trips in the Flinders , i will replace them with a more aggressive pattern when they are due to come off .
    Last edited by Pitbull; 26th October 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original 693's lasted 120k from new on 2006GU ute. Light load most of time unfortunately mainly on bitumen and a couple of Fraser trips each year. Pretty well stuffed by then so after such a good run went for 694LT's. Done 10k so far and very happy. Going to the cape next year and usual Fraser trips so time will tell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted d694LT on my wagon in jan2010 . have done 28,000km since , rotate every 6 months . mainly black top work but a couple of high country
    trips chucked in . really really like them . held there edge , quiet , maintain pressures , great grip . so far so really good.
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am impressed with any tyre which lasts more than 30,000km. Often there's plenty of tread left but a serious sidewall or stake issue kills them off for me. I only buy LT's. Having a puncture free run is possible; since I've seriously started fiddling around with pressures my tyres have lasted much better. But to those who say 'never had a puncture', I can only imagine easy roads & soft conditions.

Had Toyos, Goodyears, Bridgetsones, so experienced a few tyre brands, and multiples of each, not just one set of four tyres.

Had 693's and got an amazing run. But they are not made any more. Had maybe 8 of them.

So I've had two 694's on the front for the last 15 to 20,000 km (still running out 693's on rear & on trailer). Used them in a fully loaded 10,000 km run through the western deserts. My mate had 4 brand new 694's on his Troopy, also. He had one blowout on the Stuart highway and one slow leak. I had no issues.

Bitumen, sand, hard dirt, serious courrugations for days = all OK. Anyone doing the sort of driving we do would say this is a good result. I've had no experience in wet conditions with the 694's, so can't comment.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY GU 3.0 has just clocked 60,000 km and my 693 are almost done. I managed to get a replacement set of 693s (very cheaply) about a year ago, so they will go on soon. Friends who have had 693 and 694 report the 694 lasts longer and is slightly more aggressive. I will use those next round.
    I used Yokohama's on my old GQ but never got better than about 50,000 km

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i have a set of desert duellers, 31,10.5,15 and have done more than 40,000 on them, they are still in pretty good knick, i only ever had one side wall scrape, not going all the way through but taking out a good chunk of rubber, had to replace it but the tyre still holds pressure, and would be good as a second spare wheel, for those extra trouble bits. over all very happy with them. very responsive on sand, gives the car plenty of traction. a little bit less capable in the mud than any muddies but what do you expect, and they are wayyyy better than any A/T tyres out there in my opinion.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20,000k on 694LTs and I'm impressed. Sand, water, rocks, bulldust, highway, town and always perform well with correct pressures. They do tend to hold small stones. A mate has a set at 60,000k and just over half worn. Recommended.
    GU1 Auto ST4500 lpg/petrol.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twisty View Post
    20,000k on 694LTs and I'm impressed. Sand, water, rocks, bulldust, highway, town and always perform well with correct pressures. They do tend to hold small stones. A mate has a set at 60,000k and just over half worn. Recommended.
    Thats pretty good going...I wonder if anyone has tried the new 697?

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast