OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 16.67%
  • All Terrain

2 16.67%
  • Mud Terrain

10 83.33%
  • Other

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Simex

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tyre Feedback - Simex

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the Simex tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.
    Last edited by patch697; 10th September 2010 at 12:53 AM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (26th March 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran ET2's in a 36x12.5x15

These are a very heavy tyre, and they are VERY LOUD, think Helicopter loud, the noise never worried me too much though.

On-road, i had a great run from them, they seemed fine too me, as long as you drive them to there abilitys, they are not a road tyre, but they are road rated so the ARE legal, if not particuly practical, if you get in and flog them they will wear out very quickly, if you don't go flying of the road first

Off-road, there's not much to say, they are AWSOME, in everything expet Rock, as long as you have the power to turn them, they will grip like no tommorow, Dirt\Gravel roads, it's pont and shoot, mud is the same, either thin water mud or thick bearing killer mud, they don't care they will find traction, i found they do not like Rock, it's the only weakness as far as i could find.

On-road i ran them at 36ish pound, this stop them feeling squirmish.
    Off-road, dunno any where from 36-12 psi, depending on what i was driving, and IF i remebered to air down

These are almost my perfect tyre, if they made them slightly bigger, the only tyre that i know of that could hold a candle to them is the Trepadore's, and then only in a sticky

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mav For This Useful Post:

AB (17th September 2010), Jacket_1985 (26th March 2013), Paul C (24th June 2012), pooroll (9th August 2012)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently running 36x12.5x16 ET2's and will back up everything Mav has said. i've got a 4.2 carby gq wagon with 6" spring lift and 2" body lift with tough dog adjustable 's and i believe this would near be the perfect combination for off road. got no winch on it as i've never really needed one as these just seem to grip going in either direction. on road ye noisy but who cares if ya dont like noisy tires buy highway terrains. these are rated 100% mud and they love it

Cheers Corey

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pooroll For This Useful Post:

Trolatron (9th August 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x3 above, boy do they make the difference in the mud. If you've got the power to spin the wheels these bad boys don't flick mud they rip chunks of earth and send it flying lol They do tend to sink way easier in the sand/shingle but if your at a low enough pressure you can normally sit on top of it and drive over just don't start spinning the wheels or you'll end up in a hole.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HippoNZ For This Useful Post:

Trolatron (9th August 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The BOMB! on my 3rd set of ET2s and really cant imagine changing tyres. If i did it would only be because i wanted to step up to a 37 which the ET does not cater for.

In the World of a 35" Off Road tyre the Simex Extreme Trekka II is so far above EVERYTHING else on the market that they stand alone.

These tyres work exceptionally well in the High country rocky shaley terrain also although they take a slaughtering. Mine are missing Chunks all over the joint from Hard Sharp Rocky climbs.

Get them into the sticky Otways Mud and there is simply Nothing else that travels so well. Only Size will let them down in that country. a 35" Simex just will not work in a 37" wheel rut

Love em!
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 9th August 2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am happy with mine. Happy with all the same points as posted above. I think they would be better on rock on a set of beadlocks and aired down to 5-6 psi then you could go anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was running mine at 10psi last weekend up the snow and I run simex tubes. They did great but they did slip in the rim a little and spun and ripped off a valve! Damn it! I need bead locks!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Was running mine at 10psi last weekend up the snow and I run simex tubes. They did great but they did slip in the rim a little and spun and ripped off a valve! Damn it! I need bead locks!
    ha, I just read this thread. . .
    Simex are my sentimental favorite tyre. owned lots of sets. only comp treps keep up with them. and if simex came in a 37 you would be hard pressed to have got me to try other brands like i have.
    in a 35, agree. . . best tyre available by a very big margin.
    but comparing a 36in simex to a 37in trep is difficult. my heart still says simex. but my head knows its treps. ill buy both again. if i was running them daily i would have simex. do need to be careful on road about pressures. they will heel-toe the outer lugs very quickly and get noisy if you dont have 30psi in them. also iv seen that the 3lug pede's are a lot nicer on the road than 2 lug ones.

should also note that a lot of tyres/rims come in 17's now an simex dont. . . . so when i buy another set of pede's ill be buying rims again too.

another thing to note is the low-speed clearing of simex. it is a lot better than any other tyre iv used. you dont have to spin them quickly to get em clear. its brilliant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said above they are NOISEY no need for the horn peeps just leap out the way lol Rubbish on wet roads but they are at one with mother earth. So much so they just want to eat it .
    Here's a vid of me chewing up some Welsh hill and spitting out the lumpy bits . Easy to see the slow speed tread clearing early on and then at the end great strips of grass and mud sent assunder . Do not use in sensitive areas , this was on a pay site
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ShQcrXm84I?list=UU18YZhTk7aVWChD1qV2uhWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShQc...aVWChD1qV2uhWA
    Y60 Patrol 4.2 d SWB in puke green
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/