OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

1 9.09%
  • All Terrain

3 27.27%
  • Mud Terrain

8 72.73%
  • Other

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Goodyear

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tyre Feedback - Goodyear

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the Goodyear tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.
    Last edited by Maxhead; 30th July 2011 at 09:39 AM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iv'e got the wrangler MTR kevlar (2nd generation) in 33/12.5/15 on 10"x15 rims, have done about 5k on them so far and they are a great tyre in my opinion, they are a little noisy but no louder then a mates bfg at's, on road traction is very good and predicable in both wet or dry conditions, I run them at 38psi on road, off road they are excellent in in mud, clay, loose rocks/gravel, great on rocks and not bad on course river sand(I try to stay away from the beach and there's lots of river sand near townsville). off road I run them at 25-16psi depending on conditions and terrain. my truck weighs in at 2400kg empty, it's a GQ duel cab ute with TB42

yort

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the 1st generation MTR Wrangler 315/75 R16 and they were the best sets tyres ive had, never let me down, got 120 000kms out of them before they went hard and they copped a hiding. road noise is what you would expect off a Mud Terrain tyre. drove from gippsland to melbourne and back everyday and taken them to some of the harshest tracks you could find and kept up with the claws and xterrains no problems. wasnt to slippery in the wet on the blacktop either. i definantly recomend these tyres to anyone who wants a great allround Muddy
    Right Foot Down And We Are Moving

5. The Following User Says Thank You to High_Mod_Performance For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (4th August 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Duratrac

Duratrac in 285/75 16 .After 10k very happy with them, very quiet ,good off road, bags realy well for tire with high load rating

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had MTR's when first released and got 35000km out of em till rooted.... not happy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've got the 31" mud tyres i reckon there the way to go and look tough as well

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have MT/R Kevar 285/75R16, quite impressed with the performance on and off road. I did the 6000km to the cape and back, low noise for a mud tyre much better then the BFG AT/KO I had, works well in the mud. They are much better in the wet on the tarmac then the Copper ATs that I run on the daily commute to work.