OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

1 3.57%
  • All Terrain

10 35.71%
  • Mud Terrain

19 67.86%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Kumho

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These look the goods MudRunner, fairly aggressive pattern and top price.
    Would be interested to see how they last.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mudrunner,
    They look sweet on the gu mate.[nice truck] I've shopped around a fair bit & at this stage looks like i'll have to do a run to brissie at christmas to get them. Really keen to get them as soon as tho. It's so great getting excited about a new mod, i can't wait to see them on the truck with the new "Thunder Black" alloys.

Great feedback again mate, thanks heaps.

Kelvin.
    Last edited by Dark 1; 9th October 2010 at 05:57 PM.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

Thanks
    Thanked 13,503 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought 8 of them as part of a small group buy off another forum and the price started at $255 but by the time i think a total of 20 tyres were bought (8 to me) the price was down to $235 shipped to my door in Geelong.

The tyres came via IPEC i think and mine were shipped independently to others in the buy. I am pretty sure they were bought from "Fourby's" in Brisbane. Give em a call mate and they may be able to get them to you rather than waiting if it suits you.

Good luck.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm after a set of the KL78's 285/75/16 mainly for road use with occasional track use (got some muddies for hardcore stuff), however apparently they are all stuck in customs currently. I had a set of tyres in the UK on my Delica with a similar tread pattern and found them to be fine on and off road. Will post a review if I ever manage to get them.
    1981 Nissan Patrol MQ SWB, 3.3TD, West Melbourne.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boggy2006 View Post
    I'm after a set of the KL78's 285/75/16 mainly for road use with occasional track use (got some muddies for hardcore stuff), however apparently they are all stuck in customs currently.
    Exactly what I have on mine. Paid $220 a corner and they have done 10,000 K's now

Replaced Cooper STT's so not a real fair comparison (Mud Versus AT's) however the Kuhmo 78's are...
    Heaps quieter and unbelievably better on wet bitumen as they should be.
    Much better on gravel, tracks, rocks and sand.
    Haven't tried them in the mud yet but that is why I went away from M/T's... just don't do hardly any so impossible to justify the road noise, sh1tty braking and poor handling of Muddies on the other surfaces.

Strongly recommend 4 Rib AT's (from any manuf really) if you don't do much Mud and the KL78's are a very good example at a very good price. On current wear I would expect to see 70 to 80 K out of them easily but tyre wear doesn't always stay linear and as we all know the last 33% is usually rubbish for handling and performance in any pattern so the 80 K estimate is just for a comparo number.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mudrunner,

How are the tyres holing out in the last 6 months, still impressed. You wrote a good argument for me to move away from BFG ATs (16 years loyalty)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,503 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really well Ruby, they have got a little noisy but any muddy will as it wears down.

I reckon i have over 30,000kms in them now and i have been really happy with them.

I rotated them at about 15,000 and need to rotate them again as there is a little bit of scalloping to the outer edges and that is likely making all the noise.

i would like to rotate the to the other side this time but as they are directional i need to go to a tyre shop this time and strip them off the rims and put them on the other side to allow for a 4 wheel rotation to happen like they should. Good time for a rebalance anyways so all good.

I have been happy with the wear rate and they have not seen dirt since the Central trip in September 2010.

I will admit though that i just sold my Ute and this will become my daily driver down the FWY and the noise is a bit too much for me when taking phone calls from clients during my commute so i may put the 17s and some HTs on for this task. i am wasting a great tyre on the bitumen so that is reasonable.

They still definitely get a 2 thumbs up here.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 3rd April 2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Ruby (3rd April 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had 835 on my terrano worked really well

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pick up my 285/75R16's to tomorrow or thursday. Will keep this thread posted with wear patterns, noise and handling. I am excited to have a NEW good alround tyre. Having gone from second hand BFG AT's on road and Simex ET's, Goodyear MTRS, BFG MT km1 off road.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always used the Allterrain Kumho on my old HiLux. Never had an issue. The lasted as long as anything else and as said they road noise was softer. Price was good to. The Patrol hasn't got them yet but when its due thats hat will be going on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast