OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

3 4.92%
  • All Terrain

22 36.07%
  • Mud Terrain

36 59.02%
  • Other

2 3.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Maxxis

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iv had 37x13.50 maxxis mudzilla's. 37x12.50 maxxis creepies. 37x12.50 comp trepadores.

I rate the creepies and treps very highly. muzillas were rubbish just like all tyres with that tread pattern. were very quiet on the road though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacket_1985 For This Useful Post:

Stropp (25th March 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no complaints with my ATs, next time ill look at road tyres.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacket_1985 View Post
    Iv had 37x13.50 maxxis mudzilla's. 37x12.50 maxxis creepies. 37x12.50 comp trepadores.

I rate the creepies and treps very highly. muzillas were rubbish just like all tyres with that tread pattern. were very quiet on the road though.
    What do you think is better the creepies or the treps.
    I have only done on comparison between the 2 and they were both radial 35's, I think they are pretty similar but the thing that surprised me was the side wall tread on the treps out performed the creepies side wall tread on rock both wet and dry.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i have mudzillas and they are crap, scalloped all over the place and only about 3500 ks on them, never again.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    What do you think is better the creepies or the treps.
    I have only done on comparison between the 2 and they were both radial 35's, I think they are pretty similar but the thing that surprised me was the side wall tread on the treps out performed the creepies side wall tread on rock both wet and dry.
    Iv had both in bias obviously, not radials.
    Creepies are better on road, -wear much better. treps mince em' on EVERYTHING else, they even grip on road brilliantly. nice an quiet, just have to get pressures right.
    after owning creepies for a while in 37's, i was so impressed that i wondered why you dont see them in comps more often. . . . . now iv owned trep's, i wonder no more. treps grip more.
    if i Had to pay full price for tyres and wheels i would buy simex et2 36x12.50's and whack em on 16in allied savanna's. best aggressive wheel combo money value IMO.

i dont want anyone to think that creepies arent brilliant. . . they are. treps are just in a league of their own with simex in hot pursuit. creepies are a VERY easy 3rd choice of tyre. and a possible 1st choice if i had only one set of wheels. cant run treps daily -wont even last 5,000km. other options if i could only have one set of tyres would be procomp extreme MT's, or BF goodrich MT's both in 37's. in that group it would be easy to go for the maxxis creepie in 37. tyre life would be a bit less than the other 2, call it 30,000km instead of 45,000km, but grip would be better than both.

iv had:
    interco boggers, 38.5x13
    interco swampers, 38.5x13
    maxxis creepies, 37x12.5
    maxxis mudzillas, 37x13.5
    maxxis treps, 37x12.5
    simex et2's, 35x11.5 and 36x12.5
    mickey thompson bias claws, 35x12.5
    and more. -basically iv tried most mainstream aggressive tyres i can get my mitts on. iv been offered a set of 40in trep's at a really good price by greg @ G&S tyres. i havnt tried 40's yet.
    just to see how they go. . . . ill have to chop my guards and ditch my flares and get flexy flares.

oh, and if you want to run treps, get yourself sponsored part or in full, or bend over when you get the bill.
    most tyres are around 450-550ea. comp 17in treps arent.
    Last edited by Jacket_1985; 25th March 2013 at 08:53 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacket_1985 For This Useful Post:

Ben-e-boy (25th March 2013)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at some Bighorns last year when I was getting new rubber and didn't go with them due to fact that they are small 33, They were over an inch shorter in height than the GT Radials I got. A mate of mine got the bighorns at the same time and we do similar km's and they wore out reasonably quickly compared to the GT's
    Just my 2cents

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had both the Maxxis Bighorn and 751. For the money they're ok, found the Bighorns to be a bit washy in the sand and a tad loud on the road.But great in the mud and over the rocks. The 751 are great at what tthey're designed for as a general all round tire for the money.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Maxxis Bravo 750 H/T as the back tyres on my patrol. Had a blow out on the right back corner yesterday coming into Alice Springs on the highway. I've done 9,000km on them. In the wet they do slip a little but in the dry they seemed fine. Also on the beach they are great in the soft sand. They have been wearing a lot quicker then I would have thought after 9,000km. I'm not sure why the tyre blew though, maybe I picked up something sharp along the way. I don't mean to be negative against Maxxis as I'm sure the A/T's and M/T's are good. I just wouldn't buy the H/T again. I just put a set of Bridgestone D697 A/T on today.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Maxxis 751 33x12.50 on the truck when i bought it. With only 25% tread i did the muddy Watagans tracks, rock climbed and took on some big bog holes and never had a problem. A great tyre but was told that maxxis have phased them out, so i am giving the dynapro atm ago, i have nothing but praise for the 751 and are real quite on the black stuff.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Horns.....sand......rubbish, they go and get up most dunes but dig you down real quick on the beach and turn the tops of dunes to icing sugar for your mates. Everything else all good. I dont notice much noise on the bitumen either
    '92 (MIGHTY) GQ ST 3.0L Duel Petrol / LPG, 2" Pedders Suspension Lift on 33x12.5x15 BigHorns
    Lukey 2.5" Performance Exhaust with Extractors, snorkel
    Auto Lokka In The Front, Duel Batteries, Stiff Deep Dish Steering Wheel,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast