OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

0 0%
  • All Terrain

20 42.55%
  • Mud Terrain

29 61.70%
  • Other

1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - BFG

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tyre Feedback - BFG

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the BFG tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.
    Last edited by patch697; 9th September 2010 at 11:54 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just fitted a set of BFG Mud terrain KM2's in 285/75 16. Road noise is no where near as bad as what i thought it would be (being my first set of mud tyres), with the windows up you can barley hear them, and as the name suggests seem to work very well in the mud. I am running them at about 38psi. Will keep updated with wear.

So far extremely with them

Fletcha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fletch For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (31st May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same size BFG Mud Terrain KM2's as Fletcha on my GU. I have found them a lot quieter than the MTZ's I had previously. I'm not knocking the MTZ's though they were a good tyre but I think the KM2's have it over them in all situations so far that I have pointed the Patrol at. They did a 8000km round trip to the Kimberley (Gibb River Road etc...) and did not have any issues with them, no flats, no chipping, nothing. On road, day to day with the Patrol being quite heavy I run 38psi front and 40psi rear.

Also, previous to the MTZ's I had BFG All Terrain KO's in the same size, I could not fault them either.

Cheers,
    Darren

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloggsy For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (31st May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    voted twice for this one, it really depends on what driving you are mainly doing 2 which one is better

i have all terrains atm, after having a set of muddies, had no real problems with the muddies, only downside was loss of traction in the wet when traveling down the mountain side which has lots of sharp corners, travel this road every day 2 and from work ( done a 180 and was close to going over the edge! ) was happy with wear but cant remember for the live of me how many k's i got out of them.
    A lot happier with the all terrains, much better drive down the mountains side, no where near as much traction loss

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the BFG ATs now for 16 years. Tried Yoko and found them very soft and wore out at 40K. The BFG AT's get around the 80-100K. I think that the noise is low and gripping is worlds apart (better) than the Desert Duellers that come as OEMs (they last me <30K, before the wet handling is too scary for me, but the wear is still legal). I find with the correct tyre pressure, I've never had an issue with grip. Never had a puncture of flat in all the years of owning BFGs. Was going to try coppers but was scared off, with the class action of some owners for the poor wear that they are experiencing. By the way, I have manage to get US made BFGs as I have read that the non US versions have a softer rubber compound. Not sure if this is a myth or not.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had BFG MT KM lasted 80000km to tread wear blocks, acceptable on the black stuff, noise was less than expected [good], pricey to buy after 70000km were not too good offroad, but for the first 65000km were excelent offroad in all situations.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to luxo barge For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (31st May 2013)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im on my second set of ATs on my GQ wagon never had a puncture and both sets have done over 90, 000 kays and still have a little left. new gu has duellers on it and am not impressed one bit will be putting BFGs on it when the coin allows it. i run 265/75/16 on my gq and will pu t285/75/ 16

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gu radelaide For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (31st May 2013)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 5 BFG Mud KM2 radials. Awesome on rocks and mud, decent on sand and on road. What suprised me and continues to do so is how dam quiet they are for a muddie. Ive ran coopers, mickey thompsons, swampers etcetc and these are the best true mud tyre for overall balance between offroad and on road I've ever used.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nullack For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (31st May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the BFG All-Terrain 265/70R16 on my GU II. I started of with a set of Coopers when I purchased my truck, but noticed that there was flaking & wall tear on them (not sure how long the coopers were on there for). A mate suggested I try the BFG & I have not looked back since. travelling from Sydney to Townsville via Dubbo & St George I found that the BFGs were outstanding. Minimal road noise good traction both in wet & dry. I have done about 15-20k km on these tyres so far, and they still look new & almost no tread wear.
    2001 GU II - 3.0TD Auto. ARB Bullbar - Runva 11XP Winch - NADed with Boost & EGT gauges - OME 2in Lift - Manta 3in - Dual Battery - Spotties & LED Lightbar - Uniden 80ch UHF - Rear Drawers & Engel Fridge - 3/4 Steel cage Car goes vroom

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jackwalks For This Useful Post:

Bluecrab (31st May 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run BFG a/t's for my daily runners , i buy them second hand and just can't kill'em . Most of us know they're crap for wet grip and won't self clean in the mud for anything but i love'm in the sand and gravel. Long live the mighty BFG A/T .
    I’m not scared of dying, because I’m an atheist. I won’t even know I’m dead. You know why? Because I’ll be f**kin’ dead.” - Jim Jeffries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast