OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 4.44%
  • All Terrain

31 68.89%
  • Mud Terrain

15 33.33%
  • Other

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Cooper

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of days ago I noticed some slight bulging on the sidewalls of one of the Coopers, and on closer inspection I found slight bulging on three out of five. It isn't very noticeable, but if you run your hand around the tyre you will feel it straight away. I took it straight into Tyre Power, the local Cooper dealer, who inspected them and said it was normal. He said that they have a band in the carcass where there is a join of some sort and that a slight bulge can often occur. Does this seem like a legitimate explanation and are these tyres still safe?

A mechanic mate says hell no. I have just inspected my BFG KM2's and there is nothing of the sort on them.

Any advice?
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow i'll be dropping some of the hard-earned on a set of 285/75R16 ST-Maxx and steel rims to replace the worn out 265/70's currently on the GU. From everything i've seen they should be fine with the standard 2" lift and a good upgrade on the current rubber. Hopefully its all fitted for my trip in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
    Jason.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345