OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 4.44%
  • All Terrain

31 68.89%
  • Mud Terrain

15 33.33%
  • Other

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Cooper

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've now had the Cooper AT3's (285/75/16) on the Patrol for a fraction over 15,000klms and got them rotated and balanced yesterday after starting to notice a bit of shudder in the steering. Both Front tyres needed a lot of weight put on them. 240g on one tyre and 190g on the other. If I hadn't been in such a rush to collect the kids from school the tyre guys wanted to pull the tyres off and physically rotate them around the rims to try and better balance them. They also said that they notice this sort of thing a lot with the Coopers and it is caused by uneven wear from one tread to the next. Otherwise the tyres have performed well to date.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friend & neighbour had Cooper AT’s on his Honda CRV. Has now replaced them. All 4 failed prematurely, each went flat & were unrepairable - internal sidewall problems. Only used on dirt roads & bitumen. He suspects he was unlucky & that they were a bad batch but is not prepared to risk Cooper again.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a set of Cooper STT's on my Wagon, brilliant tyres never had an issue and agree that they do need regular balancing and rotation.
    When they wore out I changed to Kuhmo's and the Coopers beat them by a mile in every aspect 'cept price.

The Ute I bought recently has Cooper ST's in 33's on it and I am running Hankooks as a 2nd set in 35's.
    Bit hard to compare in all fairness but the Coopers are performing well on that truck also however I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    I'm on my third lot of Cooper STs. They are a great compromise between ATs and MTs. For the type of driving I do ATs are too tame and MTs are too aggressive. STs are just fine (as per baby bear).
    Just an update. These tyres have now done 65,000 km without a problem. I put a new set of Cooper ATs (4th set) on because I had to tow the caravan to Darwin and back (about 15,000 km) and I did not want to be buying tyres along the way - but the STs still have more than 10,000 on them. I have them on a second set of rims and when I go into an area around here (the High Country) where I may damage a tyre I put them back on. Coopers work for me, but I do rotate and balance them regularly.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a set of coopers on my last gq the tyre company didn't believe me when he asked how many Km's did I get out of them .. I was only changing them because the rubber has gone hard and in the wet they were dangerous but the tread was still legal ... I grabed the invoice from the glovebox and checked the odometer and worked out I had dove just over 350k km on them tyres and had no problems till it rained !!

1989 GQ LPG / PET TB42 LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
    WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timbar View Post
    I had a set of coopers on my last gq the tyre company didn't believe me when he asked how many Km's did I get out of them .. I was only changing them because the rubber has gone hard and in the wet they were dangerous but the tread was still legal ... I grabed the invoice from the glovebox and checked the odometer and worked out I had dove just over 350k km on them tyres and had no problems till it rained !!
    350k on 1 set of tyres I have never seen that how many years were they on the car

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long story short, I completely changed jobs just over 6 months from the building industry to Tyre fitting. Not the best job but the offer was there and the money isn't bad. In this time I've seen hell of a lot of tires come in and out. The amount of coopers that we repair, well the small percent we are able to repair rest are rubbish. My boss wont even sell them new. This isn't me forming a op-ion its what I see first hand. The top performers will have to be BFG's all terians , toyo and nitto. In terms of muddies Federals are bang for buck and I still as of yet to see one come in for a repair. Micky T's are brilliant, only see them when its time to replace with new.

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x10 .
    coopers on wet Rd are a bit slippery.
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt_dr3ams View Post
    Long story short, I completely changed jobs just over 6 months from the building industry to Tyre fitting. Not the best job but the offer was there and the money isn't bad. In this time I've seen hell of a lot of tires come in and out. The amount of coopers that we repair, well the small percent we are able to repair rest are rubbish. My boss wont even sell them new. This isn't me forming a op-ion its what I see first hand. The top performers will have to be BFG's all terians , toyo and nitto. In terms of muddies Federals are bang for buck and I still as of yet to see one come in for a repair. Micky T's are brilliant, only see them when its time to replace with new.
    Good to know mate. This is my first set of Coopers, and I have never had a balancing issue with any other tyre like I just had with the Coopers. They have handled everything I've done with them so far very well, but I'll be keeping a close eye on the rotations and balancing and make more of an informed opinion as the kilometres go by.
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balancing ?, if they are so good, well built as claim to fame.
    Why is balancing and rotation such an issue?. "doesn't make sense".
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast