OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 4.44%
  • All Terrain

31 68.89%
  • Mud Terrain

15 33.33%
  • Other

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Cooper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 702 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bastardo
    Our tyres are 265/70x17. They are beautiful on the black top. Not noisy at all and I could not believe the difference.
    Haven't had a chance yet to try them off road.
    Good luck with your decision making!! Know how it feels and tyres are such a contentious issue...everyone has an opinion!!! hahahaha

Last edited by snicko; 9th January 2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Add pics
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!
    Front and Rear "LOCKED" WOO HOO !! squeal, scream, squeal toot toot !! hahahaha

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...screen-Sticker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah those things look good. Like the reviews they have been getting as well. Was offered some MIckey Thompson MTZ's this morning in 285/70/17, but the price i was given was 475 a tire. Not psyched on that. haha.. Think the Coopers are great and way more reasonable a price..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bastardo For This Useful Post:

snicko (14th January 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bastardo View Post
    Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah those things look good. Like the reviews they have been getting as well. Was offered some MIckey Thompson MTZ's this morning in 285/70/17, but the price i was given was 475 a tire. Not psyched on that. haha.. Think the Coopers are great and way more reasonable a price..
    I put 4 new tyres on last week 305's cooper stt 1400 dollars fitted and a wheel alignment!!
    Just a comparison for you

Scotty

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got home from melb with lt285/75r 16 stt fitted today,first impressions are,not as noisy as expected and rides really well.paid $340 each fitted and bal by five off.$1700 all up and im happy.build date are june this year.looking forward to sunday to try them out in tallarook.

us poms are crap at cricket fracster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 387 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have General Grabber AT2`s on my Y61, had them on my Hilux before, great tyre, hard wearing, good on tarmac and good enough off road for me, including mud and snow.

saying that, I don`t do as extreme off roading as a lot of you guys, judging by the vids and photos on here.
    It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs down from me with Cooper ST's on a Patrol

Unless something has changed in the last 5 years, I will never try Cooper ST's ever again. The tread blocks are not suitable for driving on loose rock surfaces and will chip, cut, and delaminate off the carcass....... I feel that they would be OK on a lighter vehicle, and a vehicle that doesn't really go offroad.

I don't like their warranty, I don't like the fact that you 'have ' to rotate them and get a wheel alignment done every 10,000 whether you need it or not. With all the talk of superior long life, which is a bit of a crock anyway, these end up costing you more money with all the added costs for wheel alignments and balances, and you will actually save money buying another brand, and have the same and better levels of performance.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

NP99 (10th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snicko View Post
    Hi Bastardo
    Our tyres are 265/70x17. They are beautiful on the black top. Not noisy at all and I could not believe the difference.
    Haven't had a chance yet to try them off road.
    Good luck with your decision making!! Know how it feels and tyres are such a contentious issue...everyone has an opinion!!! hahahaha

If these are the new ST's, then they might actually last a little longer than the old style ones...... the tread blocks look a lot more like a standard tyre from any of the manufacturers, so these might even be OK
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well have done day safari end to end of mt disa and tallarook,tyre work fine in Gravel and are a very large improvement in handleing over my previous cooper at,s.hill climbs were fine and no chips or knockoffs.no mud to try but will keep lookimg!!Went on day safari over mt leonards(healsville) yesterday and again all great.Am smiling now re price paid and happy to recommend
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhobby View Post
    just got home from melb with lt285/75r 16 stt fitted today,first impressions are,not as noisy as expected and rides really well.paid $340 each fitted and bal by five off.$1700 all up and im happy.build date are june this year.looking forward to sunday to try them out in tallarook.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Coopers on my race car (since sold) and they performed well. Won the Class, anyway.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my work Telstra has been letting us put STT's on our patrol ute's for the pst 3yrs, can't fault them and also the other kind of service dual cabs have Cooper atr's on them when delivered.

Cheers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast