OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 4.44%
  • All Terrain

31 68.89%
  • Mud Terrain

15 33.33%
  • Other

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Cooper

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 33" Cooper S/Ts on my GU and they have done about 70,000kms. I have only rotated them a couple of times (slack, I know), and they are still fine. I do most driving on bitumen but in mud and sand they have been excellent. I am looking forward to buying my next set and will probably fit 35" since they will apparently go on the stock Ti Alloys. I spoke to a lot of people before I put them on and everybody who had them swore they were great. I had an old 85 Pajero and put them on that and they also were great. No punctures even in the Flinders where the roads are often covered with small razor sharp red shale stones. They have my vote.

They look great, grip bitumen really well and are not much noisier than the original Highway Terrain tyres that came standard. I run mine at 34 psi front and 36 psi rear. I let them down to about 28 when doing a lot of rock as they seem to flex and give a bit more. The strength in the sidewalls seems to be a big factor. On sand I let them down to 15 psi and they work really well.

I was warned by the Coopers agent here that the STT's are a bit noisy on bitumen, and not as good in the wet, so I think I will stick to the S/T for the moment.
    Last edited by fixer982; 27th May 2011 at 06:12 PM.
    GU Series 4 Ti, 3.0 CRD Auto with extra bits

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fixer982 For This Useful Post:

LaughingBeagles (3rd April 2015)