OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type of tread pattern do you like best in this breand & would recommend to other

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Road Terrain

2 4.44%
  • All Terrain

31 68.89%
  • Mud Terrain

15 33.33%
  • Other

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyre Feedback - Cooper

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tyre Feedback - Cooper

Tyre Feedback threads are designed to give members positive and negative feedback and other information relating to a particular tyre brand.

Please post first hand accounts on the tyre only as this is NOT a tyre bagging thread

Information we are looking for is noise, grip, look, wear, handling, recommended PSI or any other information that members find useful and is relevant to the tyre type.

Please post your comments/feedabck and vote in the poll to show your tyre type preference.
    Last edited by patch697; 9th September 2010 at 11:55 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on my third lot of Cooper STs. They are a great compromise between ATs and MTs. For the type of driving I do ATs are too tame and MTs are too aggressive. STs are just fine (as per baby bear).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my second set of Cooper's, first set was the STT's loved em but I thought I'd try the ST's this time, very happy with both types of tire and will definatly be buying another set, just not sure which one to get yet, but leaning towards the STT
    Western Patrol Club member

GQ with 5.7 Gen 111 V8, Dual ARB airlockers, 33" Coopers, 9000lb Premier winch, Black Widow draws

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just got my first set of coopers stt 32x11.5x15 and i am happy with them so far. they seem to handle good and they are not as loud on the road as I thought they would be

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the ATR and found them to be really good. Bought them because of the tread depth and reported long life and so far they are wearing well.
    When I first got them they did tend to move around a bit if you chucked the Patrol into a corner too fast but either they have adapted to my driving or my driving has adapted to the tyre because I don't notice that now.
    They are not the best on wet bitumen, they lose traction easily, but are not noisy at all. They do however pick up and hold the little rocks on the road. These work their way out and I regularly hear little rocks hitting the inner guards or bouncing along the road.
    Haven't used them in serious mud or off road terrain, only sand and a few gravel hills, so can't comment on their off road ability.

Paul

P.S Not sure if I will use them, might try something different, will decide when the time comes (a long way off yet).
    Western Patrol Club member #27
    2.8TD GU --> The Red Rocket

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    31 10.5 15 AT's
    I have had these now for some time and i found them to be an extremely effective tyre, if you air them down off road. Running on an FJ60 cruiser at the time fairly heavy travelling over boulder and gravel it is imperative to air down correctly or they will chip and tear lugs, below 20psi I found worked for my situation. Sand driving towing a camper, camper down to around 12psi, vehicle varied between 18 on the high side to 15 on the low side of PSI and they responded excellent to the pressure drop. life of the Coopers is impressive, cant tell you milage, maybe the thief that stole the Blue 60 series could respond! Cost of the Cooper is not impressive at the time I purchased, but you get what you pay for. I would recommend them as I will be placing Coopers on the GQ for next tyre change. note, old AT pattern has changed I believe.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry all im gunna swear twice now I've had the ST on an xj cherokee and a hilux (washing my mouth out with soap now), excellant in the sand I didnt get stuck where everyone else did in very soft sand down at Southend SA. Not as good in the mud obviously but still a good performer and fine on the road. They did air down really well even on the relatively light cherokee (bagged out with noticable increase in footprint). However on my xj and my hilux they wore very strangely and unevenly this also was the case with a mates troopy. Coopers recommend rotating every 10,000 but from my experience I would rotate every 5k to try evening that wear. It may have been alignment i hear you say but three totally different vehicles just seems strange to me. These were the ST not the ST-C. Also FYI coopers and Mickey thompson come from the same factory.

Sorry i know i swore a few more times than i said i would hahahaha

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a set ot ST's on a '05 hilux I had, the rears wore pretty badly on the Simpson trip, most of the damage done around the Moomba Gas Fields as the tracks were well graded with sharp stones that the fronts spat into or stood up for the rears to cop it. Got over 65000klm with 40% left on the fronts but 15-20% on the rears. Allways rotated them at 5000klm to.
    Then got a set of STT's what a difference in off road grip, fantastic, got about 70000klm from them, now worn them out on the Patrol.
    As they are worn I have been pushing them a bit harder on a sharp rocky climbs and have ripped a lug off one and staked the side wall on another recently and are being replaced.
    Went for MTZ from Micky Thompson only reason was the side biters are massive compared to the Coopers.
    Same price and exact same measurements and have a feeling the carcases are identical.
    Coopers are good and would use them again, never had a flat in all that driving as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 702 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put cooper S/T's on the GU and are very happy with them. Done mostly bitty driving (as we live so far from anything!) and sand driving and they have never let us down. Rotate every 5000km and get a wheel alignment every 10,000 just to get the absolute best out of them. Would buy them again and recommend them.
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!
    Front and Rear "LOCKED" WOO HOO !! squeal, scream, squeal toot toot !! hahahaha

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...screen-Sticker

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    33x15 Discoverer STT. This is my current and 1st Cooper set. About 60k km on the clock, rotate and balanced every 10k km. Great tires even on a paved road..love them very much. Looks great too. Definetely would recommend them .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast