OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Patrol Reference Document.

Driving the Beerbulance around the Tweed Coast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking forward to being able to have a look at this, just getting frustrated at not wanting to post spam in other threads just to get a look at this quicker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuits View Post
    looking forward to being able to have a look at this, just getting frustrated at not wanting to post spam in other threads just to get a look at this quicker
    PM just sent mate
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

yorgalas

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    We have been given a great document from Aksniss who has compiled a reference document for Nissan Patrol 4WD's.

The document started as a ZD30 issue document but has since grown to be more of a general refence document for Nissan Patrols.

Most of the articles do not specifically relate to the ZD30 and can be applied to other vehicles.

The contents of this document were compiled by research from other forum members, qualified mechanics, official company literature and industry experts who modify their 4wd's for a living.

The information contained in this document are of his opinion only and many works have been applied to his own vehicle during testing.

PLEASE NOTE:

IF YOU CARRY OUT OR PERFORM ANY MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR VEHICLE THEN YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

A RESULT IN DEATH, INJURY OR CAR FAILURE CAUSED IS FROM YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND YOUR OWN DECISION TO UNDER GO THE TASKS REQUIRED.

A huge thank you to Aksniss to allowing us to post this on our forum. This document is highly detailed with images and a great resource for any Nissan Patrol owner. This would have taken a long time to produce so we hope you enjoy it as much as we found reading it.

***IF YOU HAVE JUST SIGNED UP TO GET THESE MANUALS THEN THATS GREAT BUT AT LEAST INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND HELP THE COMMUNITY OUT FOR THIS***

I have just sogned up as i am looking at a gu patrol but have been really scared off by all these "grenade" coments! anybody out there with positive feedback on the zd30??
    cheers!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 25 post requirement is going to be annoying. I don't even have my Patrol yet, so have precious little to post about... On the other hand, I guess at least I don't have my Patrol yet, so have plenty of time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greennick For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (10th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    This 25 post requirement is going to be annoying. I don't even have my Patrol yet, so have precious little to post about... On the other hand, I guess at least I don't have my Patrol yet, so have plenty of time!
    A real good place to start is to jump over to the intro thread mate and say gday. tell us what sorta troll your looking at getting. Thyn have a look around the forums mate and join in where ya feel comfortable, just dont post sh1t/spam or the mods will halt further progress.

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yorgalas View Post
    I have just sogned up as i am looking at a gu patrol but have been really scared off by all these "grenade" coments! anybody out there with positive feedback on the zd30??
    cheers!
    There are some known problems with 00-01 ZD30 but the problems were rectified by Nissan and subsided after this (of course there are still documented engine failures after this period but any car engine could fail for a variety of reasons).

Your best bet is to look for a well looked after, lower kms '04 onwards ZD30 and do all the NADS mods for peace of mind and to cut down the risk. An egt gauge especially because some of the later model failures were probably the result of high egts which the owner wasn't aware of.

Remember that there are 1000s of ZD30s out there that are fine and the owners wouldn't even know of the 'grenade' issue or NADS or the forum etc. It can be scary/confusing because there's a lot of negativity and some mis-information on forums regarding the ZD30 but the reality is that while some fail, MOST don't.

If you have a bit more coin to spend and still want a 3.0L go a CRD, which from all reports has next to no problems and is very reliable

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Rusty

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent reference

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    great info

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awesome piece of work..... very,very, very informative... now where do I start!!??!!
    Half deaf, half left and halfway across Aussie!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the download

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast