OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Patrol Reference Document.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramesor View Post
    am I really going to have to make up 25 pointless posts just to get it?
    No, you don't have to at all now mate...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

AJTich (23rd June 2015), Avo (24th June 2015), Clunk (23rd June 2015), mudski (23rd June 2015), SpecialDave (30th July 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramesor View Post
    What a ridiculous idea not being able to download the reference manual unless I've made 25 post or more...am I really going to have to make up 25 pointless posts just to get it?
    Didn't last long..... Mate it isn't a big ask, took me a couple of weeks I think. Be a contributor, not a leecher.....
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

AJTich (23rd June 2015), Clunk (23rd June 2015), mudski (23rd June 2015), mullet_hunter (15th July 2015), SpecialDave (30th July 2015), threedogs (15th July 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i please have some help viewing this file it tells me to go to another link when I download the link on page 1. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A_Stu View Post
    Can i please have some help viewing this file it tells me to go to another link when I download the link on page 1. Thanks
    Its a link within the pdf file that you downloaded. Just click on that link

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

S.A_Stu (30th July 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here a great big thank you

Greensborough / sunshine / Aspendale. Kind of homeless at the mo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome addition thanks all! Yet again another surprise from the preeminent patrol forum and I'll be certain to use this...

As for the haters - be better!!

I'm guessing the reason y'all got the keyboard warrior rage is that you're leeching your neighbours wifi and can't stay online too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02 GU3 Dual Fl Y61 4.8 Auto. 3"OME, Snorkel, roof tray, Dual Batt, CB, d8r winch, ledlightco bar, fact steel BB, Elec Tow. hid spots, rvrs & tow cams, rear door rattle fix, saas dual volt gauge, mostly fin cust dash pod, ludicrous work lights. TO DO: convert headlights - led? rear tails, full overhaul trannie & engine. rear storage. door table. O/h interior storage, Paint Matt black. Bash guards. Side rails. Roof ladder. Awning.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a mechanic try an tell me today that it was only the pajero and navara that had the grenade issues... and he had a 2001.. he says just a egt an boost guage is all you need... hmmmm.. im lookin at a 2003 gu lll st-L 3.0 230,000. He also talked me out of getting my inlet manifold removed and cleaned which is when he started to go on about how patrols dont grenade.... he claims to be a nissan nut mechanic but is this advice correct on this model and year?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a mechanic try an tell me today that it was only the pajero and navara that had the grenade issues... and he had a 2001.. he says just a egt an boost guage is all you need... hmmmm.. im lookin at a 2003 gu lll st-L 3.0 230,000. He also talked me out of getting my inlet manifold removed and cleaned which is when he started to go on about how patrols dont grenade.... he claims to be a nissan nut mechanic but is this advice correct on this model and year?
    He's wrong. I have a GU4 and they can grenade. It would appear the earlier models did it more often than the 3's and 4' but they all can. As to fitting just the gauges, that should tell you when its about to grenade. It is worth cleaning the intake manifold occasionally in any vehicle as performance will be reduced by build up in the manifold. Think about it, if it didn't need to be the size it is, it would be made smaller. If, no when it clogs up it reduces performance. I would say if you are looking at a GU3 and it looks OK and is the right price, get it NADS it and include the gauges and an oil catch can. Remember it still might grenade but you will reduce the chance of that happening to below that of any other engine I think.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

S.A_Stu (31st July 2015)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is my honest thoughts i honestly didn't listen that hard and still intended to help prevent with nads etc.. does anyone know of a reliable and honest mechanic in adelaide? Id like to get the manifold done by someone who wants to do it and understands why i want it done. Im not the most confident doing this myself?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is my honest thoughts i honestly didn't listen that hard and still intended to help prevent with nads etc.. does anyone know of a reliable and honest mechanic in adelaide? Id like to get the manifold done by someone who wants to do it and understands why i want it done. Im not the most confident doing this myself?
    Chris Morris at CM4x4 is my choice. Really straight up guy...and lots of Patrols in his shop from fixing to replacing with LS1/2 motors if the pin does come out. Give him a call...
    AJTich
    2004 GUIII, white ST, 3.0L manual wagon, NADS,EGT/Boost,Water Temp/Oil Press gauges, drawers, UHF, stubby cooler on the 4WD selector...
    "I don't get bogged, I have unplanned 4WD training activities..."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AJTich For This Useful Post:

S.A_Stu (8th August 2015)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast