Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Second Battery

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be very wary of using aluminium in this setting. It work hardens, becomes brittle, and can break. Murphy's Law means that it will be in unfortunate circumstances. The trouble aluminium causes is not worth the convenience of its use in such a situation. The tried and tested kit idea may well save you time and money, not to mention angst, in the long run.

07 DX CRD Auto Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was really busy at work today, that I worked out how much it would be to modify the battery holder I have to what I want and how much a proper would cost. I manage to speak to someone who can get me the REAL arb battery tray for around $100. This was cheaper than most, so picking it up tomorrow morning. r4h5t5r5t4 (BJ - my cats opinion)
    A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry Bel can't help with this one.. hope someone answers your question soon so you can get started, good luck
    My avatar pic shows why I bought a Patrol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you manage to fit the new tray OK, and did it come up to expectations??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any hi-tesile bolts will do Belzi, just find some bolts that only just fit the holes in the bracket.
    Use washers both sides where you mount to a panel, and try and use spring washers.
    Stainless bolts are best, but whatever you can find in the shed will do.
    I find it a bit sad when you purchase a battery tray and they are too mean to supply half a dozen piddly bolts.
    If you have a go and come to a halt, just yell mate, someone will get ya there.
    Cheers, the ferret.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey belzi82,
    Ok first thing to do is sit the tray where it is going to be mounted. Use a marking pen and mark all the bolts that are near the holes in your new tray. These are the ones that you should be able to remove and reuse with your tray in place. If the screws don't seem long enough you may have to buy longer ones. Now your car is metric so all bolts and screws are metric. Should be able to pick them up from most shops in those little plastic kits. Try and use some bolt holes that are already there for the relay but don't strees if you can't find a spot. You can tec screw it to the firewall. ok. General rule is the thicker the wires the better without going overboard. Talk to whoever you get the redarc from, If they don't/won't help do not buy it from them because they should know. Have a crack at the wiring and if in doubt take some pics and put up here. You will get the help you need. Goodluck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123