Thread: Warn Winch Service Manuals 6k to 12k

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncedisturbed View Post
    Here are some links to the service manuals for WARN Winches 6k to 12.

Cheers to AB for loading them for us so there are available to everyone.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/warn-...k-8k-xd9-1.pdf

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/warn-manual-9k-12k-1.pdf
    @Cuppa here is everything you need to know mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Darren. That's helpful. Have had a brief read through. I'll check out access with the bullbar when my back allows.
    It does appear that it would just need the gears cleaning & re-greasing, as I imagine it has done very little work during it's life & the grease has probably gone hard. The brake mechanism & motor shouldn't need touching. The main issue for me (if there is one) will, I think, be getting the winch off & back on to the vehicle.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Thanks Darren. That's helpful. Have had a brief read through. I'll check out access with the bullbar when my back allows.
    It does appear that it would just need the gears cleaning & re-greasing, as I imagine it has done very little work during it's life & the grease has probably gone hard. The brake mechanism & motor shouldn't need touching. The main issue for me (if there is one) will, I think, be getting the winch off & back on to the vehicle.
    You could throw a rope around each end and tie it up with the rope out the top. Unbolt it and the ripe will take the weight. Unbolt it and lower it down.

Even if you get it off and serviced, lining someone up to give you a lift back in will be simple enough. Does it have wire rope or synthetic rope? Un spool the wire rope and remove before you take the winch off will strip half its weight.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    You could throw a rope around each end and tie it up with the rope out the top. Unbolt it and the ripe will take the weight. Unbolt it and lower it down.

Even if you get it off and serviced, lining someone up to give you a lift back in will be simple enough. Does it have wire rope or synthetic rope? Un spool the wire rope and remove before you take the winch off will strip half its weight.
    Synthetic. I replaced the wire rope to save weight ages ago. From memory taking it off & replacing the rollers with an alloy hause was worth over 13 Kg.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Yeah I used a motor bike tie down and loop it around the top of the bar and then around the drum of the winch through the top of the bar, and then lower it down on a crate by lightly pressing on the cam lock on the tie down.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optic View Post
    Thanks for the above info.
    Looks like im i strife as the head size is 16 or 17mm square, bolt dia 10mm.
    I do recall that they were square headed bolts in this winch which i have had for a long time.
    Near enough to 20 years i would think.
    Ill get some 10mm bolts and rebuild the head to suit the T slot.
    The other concern i have is, i had this winch mounted to the inside of an 8 inch channel bull bar home made and never bent, trees and all.
    It was that heavy i had to up grade the springs in the gutlux.
    The winch was mounted against the inside of the channel and a direct pull against the T bolts.
    So the forces were in a straight line against the mounting housing.
    It is now going to be mounted 90 deg to the mounting points in the cradle.
    My concern is will it break under strain as the mounting brackets are only ally?
    I would hate to find out the hard way in the middle of no where.
    In any case thanks for the above info.
    Cheers.
    Are these the bolts you're after???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Warn-8274...8AAOSwbYZXa9JP
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Synthetic. I replaced the wire rope to save weight ages ago. From memory taking it off & replacing the rollers with an alloy hause was worth over 13 Kg.
    If you kept your old SWR take it to a place like Nobles,,,all lifting and safety
    and get them to swage eyelets on each end, makes a very good rated,,long
    extension cable.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @oncedisturbed Hi Jase whats the difference between the XD and the XP is it just motor size ??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    If you kept your old SWR take it to a place like Nobles,,,all lifting and safety
    extension cable.
    SWR - Wire rope?
    I think I offered it to other’s here but no-one took me up on it. It was in perfect nick. After sitting coiled neatly inside a bucket for a couple of years I finally chucked it in the skip I hired to clear up all the metal stuff laying around our property before we moved.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    extension cable.
    Better off buying a synthetic rope to use as an extension. The cable weighs a ton and is bulky to store.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st September 2016), MudRunnerTD (1st September 2016)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast